Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Zombie Film

Options
  • 30-04-2012 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

What are the worst zombie films you have ever seen?

For me it's going to be:

Zombie Apocalypse (thank you SyFy!)
    Autumn

Zombie Apocalypse - laugh, I mean, what were they thinking? That putting 2$ "zombie" masks will do!!? Idiotic plot, terrible makeup, all the standard things that you could expect and even more that that. This scene just ruined me...

... Argh... What a waste of time.

Autumn, well, this looked even ok'ish I have to admit. Reminded me of "28 Days Later" but I quickly verified my hopes. It gets boring after about 15 minutes, gets funny after 45 minutes and from the moment of getting the bike it's just an utter joke. Again, "special" effects - just like taken off the dance video clips from the 80's - I don't know what the director meant by that. Another almost 2 productive hours wasted. Stay away!

Have you wasted some time watching a "zombie" film? Please share.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Out of all the recent ones I've seen this one is just the worst zombie film I've ever seen.. i just.. it's just.. i dunno... it's terribad!
    And it's got that twat Danny DIRE Dyer in it..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1453245/

It's only redeeming feature was that it also had that legend Sean Pertwee in it too, I've no idea how he dies in this one as i turned it off after a half hour, yep i made it that far!

Seriously, avoid at all costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

Speaks for itself:
    "As the world succumbs to a zombie apocalypse, Cole a hardened mercenary, is chasing the one person who can provide a cure... See full summary »"
    ...full summary? No, thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

2012 Zombie Apocalypse is on my list of worst (Old Tom, you forgot the 2012! That should have been clue #1 it was a crappy SyFy movie and I didn't catch it). Just watched it over the weekend. Fave worst moments, aside from the bad zombie makeup:

The guy yelling "It's an ambush!" (Riiiight. Because zombies can think and plan ambush's.)

The girl with the katana. The same one also whined about having lost her hair brush, and she didn't want another one she wanted hers (this taking place while everyone else argued about the "ambush").

Ving Rhames' "Meow bitch." as he fought the incredibly lame CGI zombie tiger.

Another really bad one is Zombie Honeymoon. And Ahhh! Zombies!, I could only watch about 10-15 minutes of it, it was so bad.

The guy yelling "It's an ambush!" (Riiiight. Because zombies can think and plan ambush's.)
    Don't you remember that dramatic look and the sentence "..They're getting smarter..." :pac: :pac:

Old Tom wrote: »
    Don't you remember that dramatic look and the sentence "..They're getting smarter..." :pac: :pac:

Hahaha...I think I was trying to block that one out...as well as the zombie that looked like it was morphing into some kind of dinosaur, the way he had bones on his head/face/chest...wish I'd taken a screenshot of it, 'cause I can't find a pic online.

I found the zombie tiger though!

2012-ZombieApocalypse1.jpg

• Advertisement

Hahaha...I think I was trying to block that one out...as well as the zombie that looked like it was morphing into some kind of dinosaur, the way he had bones on his head/face/chest...wish I'd taken a screenshot of it, 'cause I can't find a pic online.

I found the zombie tiger though!

[IMG][/IMG]
    I was trying to avoid for this thread to be about this one movie... But can't resist :D

Tiger=quality :pac:

That dinomorph you mentioned - also take a look at the rest of his body, perfect, not even dirty. It's only a face that rots as we all know :)

And that youtube link I've attached in my first post - have a look, the ammo is not even feeding into the gun while she's shooting :pac:

I could go on and on and on :)

AH, here you go, I found it for you - THIS IS IT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

House Of The Dead
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Dead_(film)

It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Boy eats girl!

Samantha Mumba is in it. Enough said!

Out of all the recent ones I've seen this one is just the worst zombie film I've ever seen.. i just.. it's just.. i dunno... it's terribad!
    And it's got that twat Danny DIRE Dyer in it..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1453245/

It's only redeeming feature was that it also had that legend Sean Pertwee in it too, I've no idea how he dies in this one as i turned it off after a half hour, yep i made it that far!

I almost rented this (sometimes I go old school and actually go to this little video store and rent movies:eek:), but I got the title mixed up and I was looking at The Devils Rejects, and as I read the synopsis, I was going, "how is this a zombie movie?" Glad I got mixed up if it's really as bad as you say.

I was trying to avoid for this thread to be about this one movie... But can't resist :D

Well, to be honest, it is really, really bad.
    That dinomorph you mentioned - also take a look at the rest of his body, perfect, not even dirty. It's only a face that rots as we all know :)

My theory: they were filming a dino movie on the same lot, ran out of zombies, threw that dude in thinking no one would notice.
    And that youtube link I've attached in my first post - have a look, the ammo is not even feeding into the gun while she's shooting :pac:

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out! :pac:
    I could go on and on and on :)

Exactly....it's that bad!
    Suas11 wrote: »
    House Of The Dead
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Dead_(film)

It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Haven't seen this one...will add it to my Do Not Watch list.

AH, here you go, I found it for you - THIS IS IT :)

Ahh! Brilliant! That's it! :pac: I'm seriously dying laughing here, the way he jumps back from her sword to avoid it.

Who the hell did his makeup and decided he looked like a zombie?! :confused:

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for Ving Rhames' career tbh.

Yeah, I also thought it's a shame...
    Special effects are also stunning - I love the mini A-bomb under the bonnet :)

lol yeah and a few seconds later, they go back to the same area where it exploded and the car is in mint condition - hasnt moved and still has all it's factory fresh paint on it.. Thanks Syfy... no really, cancelling battlestar galactica was the best idea ever.

And here comes the king...

This whole fight is so ridiculous, can't watch without a smile.

He was in another really, really bad zombie movie...the Day of the Dead remake. So bad. I recall someone in it saying if you pour bleach over the bite, it will kill the infection. :rolleyes:
    And here comes the king...

This whole fight is so ridiculous, can't watch without a smile.

While this one takes the cake, I thought every fight in the movie was ridiculous. Were they all told to look like they were having a seizure while fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I made it 20 minutes into Night of the Living dead 2006....I'd actually say a real life zombie directed that trash

I can't decide if the movie I just watched is really bad, really stupid or just boring. Or maybe all three.

It's called Descendents (aka Solo) and it's a Chilean zombie flick, but it's in English.

It's narrated by a child, who is the main character, because kids can't get infected...or maybe just some kids, who have something in their neck. The zombies won't go near them and the uninfected try to kill them (after trying to experiment on them).

In the end there was a giant octopus...and gills and webbed feet and hands and...I'm really not sure what I just watched actually. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

My nomination would be cowboys v zombies . Was on the horror ch. last week and it was beyond the "so bad its good" standard

Owryan wrote: »
    My nomination would be cowboys v zombies . Was on the horror ch. last week and it was beyond the "so bad its good" standard

OH - MY - GOD.

....but I liked the boobs, this girl's a real roide :p

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I've seen House of the Dead, the 'Day' remake and Zombie Apocalypse and they're all pretty terrible (except maybe in a 'so bad it's good' way). But my choice for worst zombie film is Survival of the Dead.

The previous film Diary of the Dead wasn't great but at least by restarting the timeline of the zombie outbreak Romero had the opportunity to do something fresh with the genre. He might have been able to say something interesting about new media but it was so heavy-handed it came across like your grandad ranting about facebook & twitter.

I had heard that Survival was even worse than Diary so I stayed away. Recently I stumbled across it on Netflix so I threw it on to see it for myself. It reeks of a director who just doesn't care anymore and is simply throwing random scenes and dialogue at the screen. it has a widely inconsistent tone that jerks from horror to slapstick comedy and then back again. I get that Romero is trying to do some sort of comedy-western-horror but none of it feels committed. The movie feels like Romero keeps changing his mind on a whim as to the tone from scene to scene.

Then there's just a litany of plot holes and bad writing :
    If the families have been on the island for generations why do they all have stage 'Oirish' accents? Why do the islanders dress like they're in Arizona and not off the NE coast of America? if O'Flynn was sending people to the island purely to p*** off Muldoon why does he get outraged at discovering that Muldoon is killing the newcomers? How come Muldoon is willing to start a shooting war with O'Flynn at the start of the film to keep the zombies safe but then later in the stables Muldoon & his farmhands casually kill the zombies without a second thought?

The answer to these problems is probably that Romero is incapable of making a subtle point anymore. In order to hammer home his message he's got to make it in the bluntest, poorly written way possible.

The other films may be worse in terms of acting or effects but Survival is my worst choice because none of those other films disappoint me as much as this one does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Devils Playground really isn't that bad. I found it watchable, and to put it in the same sentence as that abysmal Asylum/SyFy movie isn't fair at all - it's deserving of better. Not the best zombie movie you'll ever see, and not even a good one, really, but it's entirely watchable.

Greyjoy wrote: »
    The answer to these problems is probably that Romero is incapable of making a subtle point anymore. In order to hammer home his message he's got to make it in the bluntest, poorly written way possible.

I think that's part of it, but not all of it. I saw him start to go downhill with his zombies in Land of the Dead, when he started to try to humanize them. They're zombies, they shouldn't be humanized, they should be put down with a shot to the head.

The other films may be worse in terms of acting or effects but Survival is my worst choice because none of those other films disappoint me as much as this one does.

Survival of the Dead is on my list of bad zombie films (and it's a growing list -why are so many complete crap?!). I was eager to watch it when it first came out, because it's Romero, but yeah, it was so disappointing on so many levels. As for their accents (and sometimes lack thereof; that was just as confusing) I actually asked a friend while I was watching, "Did they take the boat to Ireland?"

Devils Playground really isn't that bad. I found it watchable, and to put it in the same sentence as that abysmal Asylum/SyFy movie isn't fair at all - it's deserving of better. Not the best zombie movie you'll ever see, and not even a good one, really, but it's entirely watchable.

Now I'm on the fence about watching Devils Playground...I don't mind a bad movie sometimes if it's watchable...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

You people are all crazy the hands down champion of the worlds ****test Z movie is Brain Dead. I cant even elaborate on that because Ive spent the last two years blocking it out and bitterly regretting the time I wasted watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Cannot remember the name of the film, but in one scene a guy shot a zombie in the head and the zombie got up (I think camera zoomed through the hole in the zombies head to the very surprised guy with the gun) then the zombie ran at him, I am needless to say unsure if the guy survived!

Advertisement