Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duchesse de Bourgogne in Brussels, Antwerp & Bruges?

Options
  • 30-04-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am heading to Belgium (Antwerp, Brussels & Bruges) for a few days next week. Just wondering if anyone knew which pubs in these cities stock Duchesse de Bourgogne? Does anyone have other recommendations for some good Flemish reds? I like Rodenbach and Bourgogne de Flanders but Duchesse is by far my favourite.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anywhere with a decent selection should have it. At the extreme end of the scale you have 't Brugs Beertje in Bruges and Kulminator in Antwerp which have massive beerlists and are bound to have it. I'm sure Delirium Café in Brussels does too, but there are much nicer places to drink in Brussels. Try Poechenellekelder or Toon.

The people to ask for Flemish red recommendations are the staff of either branch of Chez Moeder Lambic. They know their sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fr Clint Power

Thanks for the response.

Believe it or not Duchesse is not the easiest thing to find in Brussels. The last time I was over (last Summer) I was not able to find it in any of our regular haunts (A La Becasse, Mort Subite, L'imaige Nostre-Dame, Toone, Poechenellekelder, Le Corbeau, etc). Much to my suprise it was available in Le Cercueil (pencilled in at the bottom of the menu). As you say it is available in Delirium (but then what isn't?). Good idea about asking in Chez Moeder Lambic!

The last time I was in Kulminator I was too busy experimenting with aged Orval and blue Chimay to even think about trying anything else, I can easily imagine falling into the same trap this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Should be very common, drink store.ie had it for a while too

Advertisement