Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WELL VSR-10 Fluted Barrel (MB07D)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The Well L96 and derivitives (different bodies, but same internals) are grand for starting sniping, however I'm not sure about their VSR. The main thing in my head is that the JG BAR-10 has a reputation of being the only good clone of the TM VSR.

Are you just looking for a basic rifle to give sniping in airsoft a go? Or are you just interested in a boltie for plinking and one that CAN be used in a game, if desired?

If it's the former I would strongly recommend that you hold off for now. Go out and skirmish with your AEG and play with it like you would a bolt action rifle. Pick your spots, bide your time and take your shots very carefully, and then move on to another spot. You need patience, field craft and enjoyment in order to be remotely successful. If you do find you enjoy it, and NEED a quieter more consistent platform save up and buy a TM VSR G-Spec.

If you want a basic rifle for plinking that can be used in a game if you so wish, then any bolt action rifle will suit - just pick one you like the look of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Inari wrote: »
    The Well L96 and derivitives (different bodies, but same internals) are grand for starting sniping, however I'm not sure about their VSR. The main thing in my head is that the JG BAR-10 has a reputation of being the only good clone of the TM VSR.

Are you just looking for a basic rifle to give sniping in airsoft a go? Or are you just interested in a boltie for plinking and one that CAN be used in a game, if desired?

If it's the former I would strongly recommend that you hold off for now. Go out and skirmish with your AEG and play with it like you would a bolt action rifle. Pick your spots, bide your time and take your shots very carefully, and then move on to another spot. You need patience, field craft and enjoyment in order to be remotely successful. If you do find you enjoy it, and NEED a quieter more consistent platform save up and buy a TM VSR G-Spec.

If you want a basic rifle for plinking that can be used in a game if you so wish, then any bolt action rifle will suit - just pick one you like the look of

A bit of both actually...

I've bought two AEG's over two years and recently bought a brand new receiver and gearbox, either came broken or had a fault with them (Gearbox wouldn't fit in Receiver), and just got really sick of trying to fix AEG's or Gearboxes.

I did however own a TM VSR-10 G-Spec back in October 2010 which was a beauty. Sold it to a guy on Boards that was starting airsoft. When I did own it, it was basically trouble-free. Never had a problem with and was easy to disassemble/reassemble. If I had the money for anther one, yeah, I would get one but I'm on a bit of a budget.

The closest site that is near me is Tigerland, Co. Sligo, which is only a full hour drive. Since it's woodland, I'd be planning on getting a springer that has a long barrel (Prefer the Fluted Barrel over a G-Spec) and and ghillie suit and probably in not so long future, a KJW M9 CO2 as a back-up.

If I did have to upgrade anything in the MB07D, I wouldn't mind as long as it would do the job it's suppose to do.

If you've used a TM VSR then do yourself a favour and don't buy anything less. Seriously. The vast majority of sniper rifles leave a lot to be desired when measured against the TM. You have to spend the money you saved from buying the clone on getting it as good as the TM is out of the Box.

The Clones are great for the US market where high FPS is everything in retail sales. The TM was built for 1 joule, and performs excellently. So for skirmishing, it really is the best bet.

AirsoftEire have 'em in stock at the moment - at €325 it's the price of a high end AEG, but as you said; they don't go wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love Well - I have their L96 w/folding stock myself, and think it's great, especially for the money. But, sniper rifle upgrades are not cheap, and there is no question that against the TM VSR there is no competition without upgrade to the L96, which means that the difference in price becomes insignificant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Inari wrote: »
    If you've used a TM VSR then do yourself a favour and don't buy anything less. Seriously. The vast majority of sniper rifles leave a lot to be desired when measured against the TM. You have to spend the money you saved from buying the clone on getting it as good as the TM is out of the Box.

The Clones are great for the US market where high FPS is everything in retail sales. The TM was built for 1 joule, and performs excellently. So for skirmishing, it really is the best bet.

AirsoftEire have 'em in stock at the moment - at €325 it's the price of a high end AEG, but as you said; they don't go wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love Well - I have their L96 w/folding stock myself, and think it's great, especially for the money. But, sniper rifle upgrades are not cheap, and there is no question that against the TM VSR there is no competition without upgrade to the L96, which means that the difference in price becomes insignificant.

Thanks Inari. I'll definitely have to have another look at the TM VSR G-Spec. I had good times when I had one.

Just a few questions on the WELL L96. When did you buy your's, did you ever have any major/minor problems with it and did you ever have to replace anything?

Thanks again Inari.

I picked up my Well L96 summer of last year (May I think). I've had absolutely no problems with it, nor have I needed to replace anything in it. If you do get one, just give the barrel a good clean, and spend some time setting the hop up. They're good straight shooters, but pale in comparison to the VSR's potential.

The main thing to know about the Well series of sniper rifles is that they use a plastic trigger box, which can crack over time with a lot of abuse. They're completely replaceable with upgrade ones (zero resistance trigger boxes etc)

• Advertisement
Advertisement