Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guide/Brownie Leaders Needed

Options
  • 30-04-2012 12:24am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

Myself and my fellow guiders are retiring from running our company this summer after over 10 years. Our Brown Owl from the brownie pack is also retiring this summer after a similar period.

We're still looking for people to take over the running of the either the company or the pack, as otherwise neither will be happening in September. This would be a real pity as our company is the currently the oldest continuing running company in the country at 97 years old!

We're based in Dublin 6, so if you're interested could you drop me a PM or post a reply here.

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Why are all guiders and the brown owl all retiring en masse? Could some not stay for another year for continuity and recruit replacements?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

It actually happened accidentally. The 3 of us agreed that we would be retiring at the end of this year 2 years ago, gave notice at the end of last year (summer 2011) but have had no luck yet finding replacements.

The Brown Owl has been looking for a replacement for 3 years, but knows that no one is going to step up as long as she's there.

We think we have a couple of people to take over the Guides, but nothing yet on the Brown Owl front. It's terrible to say this, but no replacements will come forward until people see that we are serious about leaving.

Advertisement