Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin Fire Brigade Bedford Water Tanker

Options
  • 29-04-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I was driving through middle england before xmas (yes i forgot to post the pics) and spotted this in the corner of my eye in a breaker yard it just looked out of place. It is a Bedford water tanker, maybe somebody might be interested in it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

looks allright enough !!

nice spot . . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Isn't that an 81 D plate on it? Must have been imported used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ex-military perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Bedford MK/MJ 4x4 trucks were sold on the civilian market as well although that one has military front bumper and lights. Single rear wheels could mean it was ex MOD rather than Irish bit doesn't have the roof platform of a UK one. 81 would suggest an imported ex MOD and converted to a foam carrier, there was nothing like it in service AFAIK

MK/MJ are cheap and can be had in nearly new condition, you'd want to be a blue light or fire enthusiast to bother with it.

Advertisement