Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you like to see in the UFC?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭

With the news of Lombard signing with UFC who else do you think deserves a shot in the UFC?
    In my opinion I'd love to see Alexis Vila have a go. He's getting on a bit now and realistically hasn't much time left. I don't know if he'd be a title contender but he's an exciting fighter and a likeable guy so I'd love to give him a go at the big leagues.
    I'd also like to see Eddie Alverez move to UFC. I know the LW division is stacked as it is but I'd prefer all the top fighters in the one organisation.
    From Irish fighters I'd like to see Conor McGregor get a chance in the UFC eventually. Maybe not right away, but sometime down the line. He's an exciting up and comer in the irish scene and could put this country on the map someday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Luke Rockhold for me. Would love to see how he'd do with regular high competition
    And Mousasi too

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Moussai and Vinny Malagalhaes at LHW.

Luis Norgueira at BW

Jimmy Wallhead at WW

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I've said it for a while and I stand by my statement that Derek Brunson will be UFC middleweight champion some day, he would destroy Luke Rockhold.

At WW I'd love to see Paul Daley return and Jimmy Wallhead get a crack in the UFC too.

Yeah I think McGregor will be in the UFC within two years as well.

Xlami wrote: »
    I've said it for a while and I stand by my statement that Derek Brunson will be UFC middleweight champion some day, he would destroy Luke Rockhold.

Let's not be too hasty about Brunson, he needs some top level competition before he gets near Rockhold imo...

I think he's ready, it's not like Rockhold beat anyone of note (Jesse Taylor being the best) and came off a year long lay off when he got his title shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Xlami wrote: »
    I think he's ready, it's not like Rockhold beat anyone of note (Jesse Taylor being the best) and came off a year long lay off when he got his title shot.

Id rank Jardine & Jacare above Taylor tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Well Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez are two of the main ones. The LW division is definitely a shark pit and I'd like too see both challenged and tested more.
    I'd like too see Josh Thompson there because I love watching him fight and and want to see how if he responds better to a more active and difficult environment.
    Josh Barnett is someone I want see under pressure as well, I'm curious what his current level of ability is.
    As for some of the rising stars from Bellator, Eduardo Dantas looks great, but I think I'd like too see him stick around there longer.

Id rank Jardine & Jacare above Taylor tbh

Well I meant before he got the title shot, sorry should have specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭p to the e

Even though Alvarez beat him I'd still like to see Shinya Aoki. His grappling is amazing and very entertaining to watch.
    Also Mousasi would be a great addition to the LHW division or the Middleweight if he felt he could make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Josh Barnett. Not sure that Dana will oblige though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Paul Daley, hope it happens, it still amazes me that Bisping got away with the obviously deliberate illegal knee against Rivera and then spitting at Rivera's corner and Daley gets sacked for the sucker punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Josh Barnett. Not sure that Dana will oblige though.

Should he win the HW GP I reckon he'll head over to challenge for the UFC title.

let's face it, there aren't too many other options these days. And considering the GP winner has to fight another fight at SF after he wins the GP, by that time there actually might not be anyone left at HW for JDS to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I'd like to see Daniel Cormier in there too. I'd love to see him get another upset against Barnett this time. Could be another good addition to the roster and as he's competed at <100kgs for amatuer he might be able to cut down to LHW, although that was a few years ago now.....

Advertisement