Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average wait time to start playing

Options
  • 29-04-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 53,905 ✭✭✭✭

I got an SSD and bf3 is on. I just want to know does any body else have the bf3 on SSD and what is their wait time until they actually play?

Takes me 40-50secs to get into a game which is surprising because I thought SSD would reduce that wait time alot

my computer specs are i5,8gb ram and 2 gtx 570s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Mines Varies.
    Sometimes it can be 10-20 seconds , other times it can be up to a minute . I don't use a SSD either, And im on pretty same specs as u except i have a 560 gtx

• Registered Users Posts: 53,905 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I counted the 40 secs on the Kharg Island, by any chance Conor do you know what times do you get on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Headshot wrote: »
    I counted the 40 secs on the Kharg Island, by any chance Conor do you know what times do you get on that?

How long does it take you to launch single player? That would be a better way to judge the speed because with multplayer there's alot of other factors to take into account such as PING to certain servers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Varies for me. Sometimes it's about 20 seconds. Sometimes its about a minute. Most of the time its about 30-40 seconds. And for the record I also have an SSD and a single GTX570

Took 30 seconds , on a 63/64 conquest server with 70 ping .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,905 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks lads for the help. I suppose I should be happy with it since my old setup was even slower

Heres a vid i made with my old setup

so im saving 83 seconds

Thanks lads for the help. I suppose I should be happy with it since my old setup was even slower

Heres a vid i made with my old setup

so im saving 83 seconds

Haha, I counted from when the loading screen in the game came up, otherwise its average 45 sec

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Been around 5 months since i had to wait for a round to start, playing on Timeless and as Russian on Metro, we had lost B by the time i spawned.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

About 30 seconds from when I click to join,alot of that time is logging in and connecting,as soon as it says loading map I click the bf3 icon and it loads is about 5 seconds,as in the spawn screen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

10-20 seconds max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not long at all about 30 secs max always one of the 1st in, does depend on the servers all the same and I have my config set for the nearest to me. I do not have an SSD either.

Advertisement