Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Mechanical release pulling string to side

Options
  • 28-04-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question, still a newbie even though Ive been shooting on and off 12 years :D, I shoot a compound bow and I have recently moved from shooting from the finger to a calliper release. My question is now that my anchor position has increased I notice that my string on draw is pulling to the right (I'm right handed), I don't think its at the point of derailment on the cam but I'm curious is this normal? bearing in mind that when I draw, my riser hand grip is relaxed as possible so im not putting any extra torsion on it (shouldn't be at least). My accuracy has improved significantly and arrows seem to fly straight, but I'm slightly concerned about my setup that I shouldn't be pulling the string to the right.

Edit: seems when I draw with the fingers it is slightly pulling to the right, funny how I never spotted that till now.

Advertisement