Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Match Thread*** Tue 1/5 20:15 WES1 Jossys Giants

• 28-04-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

**Match Thread*** Tue 1/5 20:15 WES1 Jossys Giants

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Cathal - in
    Collie - In
    Joe - in
    Wes - out
    Gavan - out
    Declan - out
    Gar - in
    Cormac - out
    Dave - in
    Stano - in
    David Kelly -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in

Anybody have a spare pair of gloves it is just my car is in the garage and all my gear is in the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Mall10357 wrote: »
    Anybody have a spare pair of gloves it is just my car is in the garage and all my gear is in the boot.

I think there's a spare set in the kit bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

3-0 win, good battle that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Very good performance lads. We played some very nice football in the first half, keeping possession in the wet much better than in the early season wet games. Beautiful chip from winger Dave for the through pass for the first goal: when passes like that come off, they change games so we have to be more patient with people trying things like that in the final third (as long as they're not overlooking another simple option that would also lead to a goalscoring chance - killer passes are by definition high risk but also high reward) as we do have a tendency to play it flat laterally, even in the final third and then whip it in, when penetration and getting in behind is really what's needed. Dave Kelly keeps making excellent diagonal runs and needs to be given something to run onto more often, laying it flat to a full back just shunts the opposition sidewards, it's a good option to play much of the time, but we need to focus on developing more interplay between our midfielders, short 5-yard passes and triangles to take a man out of the game - to use a rugby analogy, that puts you over the gain line with an overlap, and then our midfielders will be closer to the strikers so can play them in with accurate 20-yard passes, instead of 30-40 yard passes that need to be played if we just shunt it to our fullbacks by default when we win possession as they are too far back.

They were a good, solid robust team that generally opted for the long ball and that led to the game getting broken up in the middle third - it's very hard to resist the temptation to start sitting deeper to be where 1st ball is landing in those situations, but as a few of us discussed afterwards, we need to accept there's a risk and sometimes it'll go against us, but we need to forget the idea of playing a holding midfielder and have 2 centre mids side by side and pushed out from the centre halves - that way we'll win much more 2nd ball than we do now, and as they showed yesterday, with good possession, our midfield can start very effective counter-attacks: we'll do more with the extra possession that pushing up will give us than the opposition will do with the rare occassions our defence loses out as a result of having extra men attacking.

Just a reminder that the ref told me that the foul throw rule went out 2 years ago so stop calling for them - any throw that is half reasonable is accepted - e.g. bending the back but releasing the ball over the head is fine. Getting involved with arguing with the ref does us no favours, we're only human so sometimes it's natural, but we need to make an effort to just focus on playing our own game.

Great to see the early season momentum, though it looks like there'll be a few strong contenders so every point will count. I'll be away next 2 weeks so keep on racking em up while I'm gone lads and enjoy your football - it's great to be part of a team that can play beautiful moves like our 3rd goal yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Congrats and enjoy the wedding Jules, we'll be fine without you anyway ;)

Great Result Last Night Lads. Good battling performance but one thing when things were not going the way of the other team they started to react to every call we made. The example was Ciarian being sin binned. For Future games we have to try and not react. The Plus Point On Last nights games is we kept a clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Tough match against a committed team. Great to get a solid 3-0 win against them. They will cause problems for loads of teams this season.

The commitment from all of us was also brilliant & our quality showed out in the end.

Just need to learn not get involved in any stuff with the ref & opposition and let our football do the talking.

We are on a very good run now, lets keep it going!

Advertisement