Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the smokes 4 weeks.

Options
  • 28-04-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi, I'm off the smokes a month now and I feel great and am not craving at all. Was smoking around 4/4 and a half years. I have a few problems though and a few questions.

When I have a few drinks with friends, the cravings do be really bad as my friends smoke and in the past when I was on a night out, I'd chain smoke my way through nearly 40 smokes in 4 hours. Ruling out drink would not be an option seeing as I'm a 20 year old who likes to go out. Just wanna see if anyone has any tips to stop me reaching for the cigs on a night out?

Also what are the body repairing effects of quitting smoking over time? Like, in what ways and time spans will my body be healing itself?:)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,263 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well done.

I can't comment in detail, but one of the most important metrics that doctors use for ex-smokers is "when did you last smoke?", so putting as much time between you and smoking is important.

The drinking and smoking - often they go hand in hand and combined they can make an obnoxious form of drunkenness. You are used to the habit of the two going together. Potentially find a different, healthier habit to replace the smoking.

Ask you friends not to smoke around you. Even ask them would they consider giving up, although that's a decision they need to come to themselves.

Advertisement