Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Parts Theft from Parked Car

Options
  • 28-04-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Just after returning to my car (its parked on a public street about 100feet from the house here in the Uk) to find that some f**king dick head robbed the wing mirror glass from both sides of the car :mad: No damage done to the housing, motor or loom (they were electric/heated).

Had a quick look in the street to find that a few other cars had been done specifically those with electric mirrors. Already reported it to the police in the hope that the prick is caught!

Ive heard of catalytic converter getting cut off cars lately but wing mirror glass :eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Just after returning to my car (its parked on a public street about 100feet from the house here in the Uk) to find that some f**king dick head robbed the wing mirror glass from both sides of the car :mad: No damage done to the housing, motor or loom (they were electric/heated).

Had a quick look in the street to find that a few other cars had been done specifically those with electric mirrors. Already reported it to the police in the hope that the prick is caught!

Ive heard of catalytic converter getting cut off cars lately but wing mirror glass :eek:

It's a small high value part, so I suppose there is a market for it.

That is a new level of scum though!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Boots2006

Happened me last year in Dublin 4. I got some shock when I priced up the new glass, but luckily ebay turned up a spurious replacement for around 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Boots2006 wrote: »
    Happened me last year in Dublin 4. I got some shock when I priced up the new glass, but luckily ebay turned up a spurious replacement for around 15 euro.

Already sent an email to Traynors and the local VW dealer to see if they have a replacement part available. Although im curious as to what price the dealer will pluck out of the sky

Eurocarparts is about 10mins away from me from what I can see online I can get the heated element and glass for around £70 for both sides.

Some balls trying to reverse and merge with traffic at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Suppose its just bad luck if some low life targets your motor. It not like you can padlock them down and even if you could some guy called mod used all the padlocks.

Advertisement