Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Upgrade.....

Options
  • 28-04-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Well people......i currently own a JG M4 S S ystem and am looking to upgrade..... this will be my second purchase in all things airsoft......What i am looking for is another M4 or similar that will give me a better rate of fire...good accuracy and distance and good reliability in the field......all replys will be greatly appreciated.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

With the amount of M4's on the market giving us your budget would help narrow it down to whats best in your price range

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

G&G Raider, if you're budget is in the 250 region, if it's higher, maybe a G&P sentry.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭blackjack...

Would be looking to spend in the region of €300...not looking to shell out much more than that ....thanks......

I also see this in the classified section looks about what i am after.....any pros and cons with this particular AEG.......http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612247

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I have a KWA ris and i think they are one of the best on the market keeping in mind I am a KWA fanboy and dont care :).

Some people like them some don't which It is the same for any brand really different strokes for different folks really, but the only catch with them is that the hopup is proprietary and u cant use an after market chamber, same for the air nozzle. The gears are excellent quality.

They are pricey, the one in that link would be the cheaper of the KWA M4's on the market but yea you pay for quality, you get quality.

Having said that my second choice would be King arms, then G&P (the rate of fire with a lipo in one of them is just jaw dropping)

I have a KWA ris and i think they are one of the best on the market keeping in mind I am a KWA fanboy and dont care :).

Some people like them some don't which It is the same for any brand really different strokes for different folks really, but the only catch with them is that the hopup is proprietary and u cant use an after market chamber, same for the air nozzle. The gears are excellent quality.

They are pricey, the one in that link would be the cheaper of the KWA M4's on the market but yea you pay for quality, you get quality.

Having said that my second choice would be King arms, then G&P (the rate of fire with a lipo in one of them is just jaw dropping)

Thanks very much Dandy......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

It all depends on what you're looking for, and what you are willing to spend in order to get it. The M4 is the industry standard, and pretty much every manufacturer make one, but none are perfect out of the box. You want to get one that ticks as many of the boxes as possible, whilst having enough wiggle room to achieve the rest.

What kind of M4 are you looking for? Rail based, Magpul carbine, M4A1 carbine, stubby, long etc.

My three favourite M-series rifles are (in order):
    1.) Custom CYMA Magpul MOE Carbine
    2.) G&P LMT MRP-L
    3.) G&G LR300 (full length)

I love each one for completey different reasons. The CYMA M4 started life out as a CQB, which I bought because of the heavy-weight meaty receiver - it felt like a gun should. That is the sole reason I bought it, and I just got lucky that the standard gearbox is extremely reliable. Now I've since replaced hop up rubber (G&G Green) and Bucking (Element H-nub), barrel (JBU 363mm 6.01nn), motor (G&P M120), Gears (Supershooter 13:1), Piston (SH full metal teeth) and trigger switch assembly (AWS Raptor MOSFET). It's now kitted out with barrel extension, black Magpul MOE and CTR stock, G&P G27 grip, G&P KAC flip up front sight, G&P KAC rear QD sling mount, flip up rear sight, EOTech 552 and rock it with Magpul EMAG's just to complete the look.

The G&P MRP is an absolute feat of beauty! The VLTOR MOD stock looks fantastic and the monolith receiver is as rocksolid as you can get (obviously, given that it's one piece) and the rail kit is gorgeous - it's so narrow that it feels perfect to hold. The pistol grip on it is ergonomic and comfortable, and just feels easy to hold. All together it made an irresistible gun - it was bought as a finished gun; no plans to mess around with it (apart from the usual; SHS white hop up rubber and A2A 370mm 6.03 tightbore barrel).

Lastly we have the LR300 - handguard is quite comfortable, but the main look of this gun is the fantastic folding skeleton stock. Performance out of this gun is brilliant; no need to go near it internally, and externally it's like the MRP; perfect as is.

The CYMA for me was always a base gun; a project. The other two were bought to be used as is - one or two things like optics, but nothing drastic. It all depends on what you're looking for, and how much you have to spend from the get go.

Inari wrote: »
    It all depends on what you're looking for, and what you are willing to spend in order to get it. The M4 is the industry standard, and pretty much every manufacturer make one, but none are perfect out of the box. You want to get one that ticks as many of the boxes as possible, whilst having enough wiggle room to achieve the rest.

What kind of M4 are you looking for? Rail based, Magpul carbine, M4A1 carbine, stubby, long etc.

My three favourite M-series rifles are (in order):
    1.) Custom CYMA Magpul MOE Carbine
    2.) G&P LMT MRP-L
    3.) G&G LR300 (full length)

I love each one for completey different reasons. The CYMA M4 started life out as a CQB, which I bought because of the heavy-weight meaty receiver - it felt like a gun should. That is the sole reason I bought it, and I just got lucky that the standard gearbox is extremely reliable. Now I've since replaced hop up rubber (G&G Green) and Bucking (Element H-nub), barrel (JBU 363mm 6.01nn), motor (G&P M120), Gears (Supershooter 13:1), Piston (SH full metal teeth) and trigger switch assembly (AWS Raptor MOSFET). It's now kitted out with barrel extension, black Magpul MOE and CTR stock, G&P G27 grip, G&P KAC flip up front sight, G&P KAC rear QD sling mount, flip up rear sight, EOTech 552 and rock it with Magpul EMAG's just to complete the look.

The G&P MRP is an absolute feat of beauty! The VLTOR MOD stock looks fantastic and the monolith receiver is as rocksolid as you can get (obviously, given that it's one piece) and the rail kit is gorgeous - it's so narrow that it feels perfect to hold. The pistol grip on it is ergonomic and comfortable, and just feels easy to hold. All together it made an irresistible gun - it was bought as a finished gun; no plans to mess around with it (apart from the usual; SHS white hop up rubber and A2A 370mm 6.03 tightbore barrel).

Lastly we have the LR300 - handguard is quite comfortable, but the main look of this gun is the fantastic folding skeleton stock. Performance out of this gun is brilliant; no need to go near it internally, and externally it's like the MRP; perfect as is.

The CYMA for me was always a base gun; a project. The other two were bought to be used as is - one or two things like optics, but nothing drastic. It all depends on what you're looking for, and how much you have to spend from the get go.

Thanks for the reply..it seems i must look in to which type of M4 i really want...will be back soon..............

Advertisement