Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cortina meet tomorrow?

Options
  • 27-04-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of a Ford Cortina meet on in the Park tomorrow at the popes cross?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

As one who has never been on this classic cars forum - I actually was just trying to find out why I saw a whole load of very shiny classic ford cortinas drive by me on conyngham road today(they could possibly have come from the park - I was on foot with buggy on the way to the zoo). It was at 2pm. Lovely cars. I was surfing round the net trying to see what that was about - thought maybe someone on this forum would know?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

maybe it was another secret run/meet by the cortina owners club of ireland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

The Cortina Owners Club of Ireland had its Spring Rally in Dublin over the weekend.

50 Cortina's at Papal cross, farmleigh and Collins Barricks etc...

I'll post a few pics when I recover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Daved_XB

Shame it wasn't better advertised... I'd have loved to gone & have a look at them

• Advertisement

It was advertised fairly widely (RTE and Newstalk radio), Irish Vintage Scene last month and In Dublin events guide !

Next big event is Mondello where we hope to have 100 cortinas for Cortina Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

can we have a few photos please kyote....

We had about 50 Cortinas staying at the Dunboyne Castle hotel all weekend. On Saturday, we left about 9.30am to head into Dublin. Stopped at the Papal Cross, Aras an Uachtarain, Visitor Centre, Chesterfield Ave and finally down to Collins Barracks on the quays.
    I don't have great pics at the moment as I was organising and was a little busy !

Arriving into the Park with brilliant help from Park Ranger.

DSC00268.jpg
    DSC00266.jpg
    DSC00270-1.jpg

Papal Cross

dfc4df64911611e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg

Entering the Aras for some tea

(The Toyota is a fecking tourist trying to gate crash....)
    IMG_0424.jpg

Regrouping on Chesterfield Ave

IMG_0726.jpg

Coming onto the Quays

IMG_0731.jpg

Cortinas Marched into Collins Barracks

DSC00314.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

nice turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Irish Photos