Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zenithink ZT-280 C91 Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd love to know what the screen is like and how well it runs ICS. There was someone selling a few of these on adverts a couple of days ago for slightly more than that but probably about the same with shipping. I'd be inclined to want to test the device before paying for it. I bought a similar tablet from China a year ago and it really hasn't aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Think the one on adverts was the old model with 512mb instead of 1gb ram - good for ics - and only 2 point touch ..

I've gone for it and ordered - I'm sure there will be a chunk of VAT and whatever else to pay .. still, if it sneaks through it's 125 - around a quarter of the entry level ipad .. also got 16gb tf card for it for less than a tenner thanks to Bargain Alerts :-)

And you're right - the user experience is the big unknown with the china tablets - i also had one a couple of years ago that was godawful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭mar48

See here:- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056611769

I ordered mine last week from aliexpress and with the $10 voucher it only came to €118, should have it Tuesday if customs don't stop it.... :rolleyes:

mar48 wrote: »

I ordered mine last week from aliexpress and with the $10 voucher it only came to €118, should have it Tuesday if customs don't stop it.... :rolleyes:

cool - I'll be well interested in your impressions when you get it
    worries i'd have is that the screen is dim/poor, battery doesn't hold a charge, touchscreen is naff and/or wifi drops out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

mar48 wrote: »

ooops, posted that from the mothers PC, didn't realise she was logged in........ :rolleyes: Rookie mistake.

Anyways, yeah I'll give a report when it arrives, not expecting it to be great but once it covers the basics I be happy.

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    <snip>
    Anyways, yeah I'll give a report when it arrives, not expecting it to be great but once it covers the basics I be happy.

Has it arrived? Are you happy? :-)

Mine is still somewhere in the murky vagaries of the international postal system :o

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Yes it arrived on time but got stung for VAT @ €26 so all in for €144. I gave a quick review in the other thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056611769&page=3 and have to say, a week later I still can't fault it.

Reading loads on it atm, just finished Kevin Smith's Tough Sh*t and had to watch Red State straight after that, all on the Tab and was well impressed with the quality of a movie on MX Player. Also reading some Deadpool and Preacher comics so it is getting a lot of use.

For the price there is nothing wrong with it, I'll just see how long it lasts!!!

On your concerns -
    Screen is good, brightness is spot on for me but the viewing angles can be poor.
    Battery holds a good charge, 5/6hrs is no problem on a full charge but the battery meter can be off at times. Also, have had to use the reset button a couple of times as it can sometimes refuse to power on when there is a charge in it, some tinkering to get used to it.
    Touchscreen is good, not perfect but certainly not an issue.
    Wi-fi is very good, never had it drop out while using it but sometimes when it comes back from stand-by the wi-fi might need to be switched off and on again if it doesn't connect straight away.

What delivery option did you choose?

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Yes it arrived on time but got stung for VAT @ €26 so all in for €144. I gave a quick review in the other thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056611769&page=3 and have to say, a week later I still can't fault it.

Reading loads on it atm, just finished Kevin Smith's Tough Sh*t and had to watch Red State straight after that, all on the Tab and was well impressed with the quality of a movie on MX Player. Also reading some Deadpool and Preacher comics so it is getting a lot of use.

For the price there is nothing wrong with it, I'll just see how long it lasts!!!

On your concerns -
    Screen is good, brightness is spot on for me but the viewing angles can be poor.
    Battery holds a good charge, 5/6hrs is no problem on a full charge but the battery meter can be off at times. Also, have had to use the reset button a couple of times as it can sometimes refuse to power on when there is a charge in it, some tinkering to get used to it.
    Touchscreen is good, not perfect but certainly not an issue.
    Wi-fi is very good, never had it drop out while using it but sometimes when it comes back from stand-by the wi-fi might need to be switched off and on again if it doesn't connect straight away.

What delivery option did you choose?

Brilliant - thanks for all the info on this thread and the other - looking forward to getting it now. Went the cheap china post option, means it's in a bit of a black hole until it turns up on An Post :o

Hoping to get it this week, but won't be terribly surprised if it's a week (or more) after ..

If i get hit for a similar vat charge, then it'll be €150 all in - not bad at all by the sound of it - if it gets through then it'll be €125, which sounds like a bit of a steal!

thanks for the heads-up about the HDMI cable as well - i better order a mini one .. have a 16gb micro SD ready to go though :D

Advertisement