Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loss of power

Options
  • 27-04-2012 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

so i recently changed my gearbox shell,after a lot of dremelling i got it working however my fps is 150 with an m90spring.the piston head and cylinder head are completely airtight, i changed the airnozzle and spring to no avail and cant get my head around it!any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    so i recently changed my gearbox shell,after a lot of dremelling i got it working however my fps is 150 with an m90spring.the piston head and cylinder head are completely airtight, i changed the airnozzle and spring to no avail and cant get my head around it!any suggestions?

Hows the air seal in the hop-up? I put a new hop up rubber in my aeg only to find the rubber was torn (My bad), I lost a bit of power but I seriously doubt it dropped as much as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

checked that.put the barrel and hop up in a diff gun and worked fine.....its actually baffling.think its the shell im using its not the best fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    checked that.put the barrel and hop up in a diff gun and worked fine.....its actually baffling.think its the shell im using its not the best fit

Bit odd alright especially that you have a good seal in the piston and all that, what makes you think its the shell casing, is there anything out of the ordinary that stands out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I put money on it being down to the air nozzle/hop up chamber compatibility. What gearbox version? For what rifle? What brand are the aftermarket parts, and what brand are the original parts?

DBoys AK's for example use off spec air nozzles and hop up chambers, which means that on a hugely powerful spring, it will still only shoot under 200fps as the air just escapes everywhere.

v2 gearbox,m4.didnt work with the original air nozzle either and they are the same except the new one has an 0 ring.changed out the cylinder(no ports) and put in an m120 spring and am now gettin 300fps so itll do for a skirmish. i must be overlooking something very simple.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

the problem may be with your hop rubber? try this,take the rubber off the barrel and sit a bb on the mouth of the rubber.if it falls straight through id replace it or atleast firstly re-seat, re-install and re-test it incase it got stretched when being installed.

rubbers fine i put the barrel and hop up into another gun and it performed well

Advertisement