Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help........again

Options
  • 27-04-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭

I know ive asked a similar question to this in the past, but im in a bit of a bind. Ive been offered a college place, starting next september, i will be relying on Vtos for this. My problem is that for the last year i have been on vtos for a totally different subject.

Im just wondereing are my chances of getting vtos again gone, as its a different subject and pretty much the same level (fetac level 5) as the course ive just completed.

The course ive just finished is a 2 year course, but i realised after year 1 that it wasnt for me. I still come away with some fetac awards but id like to give myself the best opportunity at finding work and feel that gaining knowledge in a few different subjects will help me achieve that. I hope this makes sense, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You need to speak to your new course provider as it is their decision as to who will get a VTOS place. In the past I have seen some people get a second or even a third go at VTOS but the regulations have been tightened up in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

paperclip2 wrote: »
    You need to speak to your new course provider as it is their decision as to who will get a VTOS place. In the past I have seen some people get a second or even a third go at VTOS but the regulations have been tightened up in the last couple of years.

Should I write a letter explaining myself when I apply for vtos again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Depends on the admissions policy. Maybe try to speak to the new course coordinator or the centre director first.

Advertisement