Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olden day boxing and clips, appreciation thread ;)

Options
  • 27-04-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

This man was great for his day-well ahead of his times and i'm sure many a great boxer came from trying to emulate him.

It's not all old time hate in here!!
    i actually respect the past legends even if i think many of them would not be up to scratch these days.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

This is great, is making me relook at lot's of Boxers and reevaluating my opinions, Joe Louis stays as awesome in my eyes. :)

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can't view the clip here. I assume it's Louis, the most text book and aesthetically beautiful combo hitter in HW history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

cowzerp wrote: »

This man was great for his day-well ahead of his times and i'm sure many a great boxer came from trying to emulate him.

It's not all old time hate in here!!
    i actually respect the past legends even if i think many of them would not be up to scratch these days.

cheers cowzerp really enjoyed watching that.

i've said before i'm not big into fantasy fights, the ones that defo won't happen anyway, but when it's been considered, i don't think it's enough to say X or Y would be beaten in the modern game, they have to be given the chance of modern training if they are going to face someone today, i.e. how would jack johnson do if he had access to the same expertise as klitschko. how would klitschko do in 1910, barefoot n all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Have to say guys, the debate, subject matter and quality of discussion on here lately is great!

Advertisement