Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayern V Chelsea Help Lock In Profit

Options
  • 27-04-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

I done a €200 double on Quevega 11/10 and Bayern Munich 5/6.

Quevega won and I want to cover my stake on this I think.

What do ye think is the way to go about it?
    Do I lay Bayern for my €200? If I do is now the time to do it or do people think their price will reduce nearer to the tie?

Tempted to let it run but I know covering it is the right thing to do.

Edit; there doesn't seem to be a market for the game on Betfair yet.

Also note its Bayern to win in 90 mins.

What Would You Do? 13 votes

Let it roll, Bayern win in 90mins returns €770, Chelsea/draw returns €0
    0%
    Lay Bayern for €178, Bayern win returns €592, Chelsea/Draw returns €200
    30%
    Drag00n79Vic VinegarCanonfanredarmy 4 votes
    Lay Bayern for €258, Bayern win returns €512, Chelsea/draw returns €300
    7%
    callaway92 1 vote
    Hold out and see what way odds change, maybe wait until in-play to lay.
    61%
    GonzovisionbuckfastererlaoisforliambonescapLeeg17deano546rev2.0Lasagna Diarra 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I can't see Chelsea winning the final tbh, I would be tempted to let it run altogether myself, if I was going to cover I reckon I might take a chance and wait till Bayern (hopefully) score the opening goal, which will make the Chelsea double chance drift significantly and then cover it with that?

I'll think about it and get back to you in a while though, locking in profit is probably the best thing to do given the results of the semis!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

kryogen wrote: »
    I can't see Chelsea winning the final tbh, I would be tempted to let it run altogether myself, if I was going to cover I reckon I might take a chance and wait till Bayern (hopefully) score the opening goal, which will make the Chelsea double chance drift significantly and then cover it with that?

I'll think about it and get back to you in a while though, locking in profit is probably the best thing to do given the results of the semis!

Exactly my concern. Usually i'd be the type to let it run. No team has ever won it in their own ground afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭hawaii501

ft9 wrote: »
    Exactly my concern. Usually i'd be the type to let it run. No team has ever won it in their own ground afaik
    If it was 5/6 to the win champs league, I would have let it run as Bayern would not lose if it went to extra-time/peno's. What price are chelsea +1 is probably your best bet.

I made a nice bit today,so I may let it run. Plenty time to decide. I think the in running lay is probably most likely at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

No team has ever won it in their own ground afaik

Has a team ever got to the final when it's being held at their own stadium before though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,471 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Has a team ever got to the final when it's being held at their own stadium before though?

Not in the Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kippy wrote: »

That's what i thought.

Screenshot just to keep things above board here as the first part is in some may see it as aftertiming.

34imofn.png

Bayern are 1.86 on Betfair.

So to cover my stake of 200 I would be liable for €172.

Do ye reckon Bayern will shorten?

What would you do? Does anyone think I should lay them for more than my stake so I could profit regardless of result? Albeit smaller profit should Bayern win.

Options so far are

1) Let it roll, Bayern win in 90mins returns €770, Chelsea/draw returns €0

2) Lay Bayern for €178, Bayern win returns €592, Chelsea/Draw returns €200

3) Hold out and see what way odds change, maybe wait until in-play to lay.

• Advertisement

How can I edit poll to delete option 3. That would eliminate any chance of decent profit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Why would you want to give up €200 of your profits and hand it back to the bookies. What were you hoping to achieve when you placed the bet? Just let it ride. 5-6 is the beat price available now for Munich who are effectively playing at home and should win in 90 mins. If you are getting paranoid, just BIR after seeing the lineups and who is playing well.

Warper wrote: »
    Why would you want to give up €200 of your profits and hand it back to the bookies. What were you hoping to achieve when you placed the bet? Just let it ride. 5-6 is the beat price available now for Munich who are effectively playing at home and should win in 90 mins. If you are getting paranoid, just BIR after seeing the lineups and who is playing well.

Profit obviously.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Madrid in 57
    Inter in 65
    Roma in 84.

Madrid and Inter both won.

Ares wrote: »
    Madrid in 57
    Inter in 65
    Roma in 84.

Madrid and Inter both won.
    kippy wrote: »

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise European football only began in 1993.

Ares wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise European football only began in 1993.

Now, now don't get excited. Its obvious what kippy meant.

I held out for in play in the end, and it worked out well enough. Waited on Bayern to score and layed them. Love Betfair.

20thu92.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

^ Brave man, with 5 minutes left? :D

Doocey wrote: »
    ^ Brave man, with 5 minutes left? :D

I was tempted to let it go, but I just knew if I didn't lay it would go tits up. And I was locked drunk too on the phone I'm shocked I didn't fcuk it up

• Advertisement
Advertisement