Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you watch clips of and just say WOW!

Options
  • 27-04-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

I always have the WOW factor when watching the ease of work by men like Mayweather, Ali etc but wrecking machines always give a special WOW factor

Always brings a smile to my face.

Post your clips lads

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Roy Jones is the first person I thought off. His highlights always bring a smile to the face... Wish he'd a retired after the Ruiz fight..

Edit: Sorry not sure how to post the clips like you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,096 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Me, as you all know I love to watch a master like Toney on form. I happen to think he's even better to watch on form and more natural than then likes of Floyd, Pea, Jones Junior etc.

SRL firing on all cylindres is a sight to behold, as is Hearns, and Ali at peak was simply a marvel.

Orlando Canizales was beautiful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Sweet Pea for me..talk about earning the title "Can't be touched"..a master of evasion and plenty power aswell.

SRR at full flow and letting rip beats any as regards attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

walshb wrote: »
    SRR at full flow and letting rip beats any as regards attack!

Can't disagree...can you imagine how hard a chin La Motta must've had?!

• Advertisement

You gotta' include Tyson at peak and in attack mode. Was there ever a more impactful fighter in that sense. The whole world stood up. Not just his moves and punches, his look, physique, mannerisms and approach.

Duran too at peak was special. Could attack forcefully, and defend, almost simultaneoulsy, and with great effect.

Can't disagree...can you imagine how hard a chin La Motta must've had?!

A square and blocky head. That is what I think helped. Tree trunk legs too, and good shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Sweet Pea for me..talk about earning the title "Can't be touched"..a master of evasion and plenty power aswell.

How was the fight not stopped at 2:46 in that, disgraceful refereeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

How was the fight not stopped at 2:46 in that, disgraceful refereeing.

He was joke walking at that time!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

cowzerp wrote: »
    He was joke walking at that time!

Just after 2:46 then.

Anyway my contribution will be Sam Langford, from the bit of footage available his power, speed and ringcraft seemed incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

You gotta' include Tyson at peak and in attack mode. Was there ever a more impactful fighter in that sense. The whole world stood up. Not just his moves and punches, his look, physique, mannerisms and approach.

absolutely, this video nails it all

i love watching training clips too, so impressive. if anyone has any good ones post them too

Those shots Tyson lined up and teed off with on Frank at 5 mins 52 secs in are just animal. Pure power. How did Frank's head stay on his shoulders:p

Probably my favourite fight. 38 year old Duran fighting 4 divisions above his best weight and beating a much younger much bigger opponent in fight of the year. He was losing on points and had to win the last few rounds big and did just that knocking down Barkley in the 11th to sneak it. I love that knockdown its at 7.00 of the video..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

YOUTUBE]XnC8sRqyIb0[/YOUTUBE]

Roy Jones is the first person I thought off. His highlights always bring a smile to the face...

I LOVE HIS BOOSTING IN THE RING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Hope this isn't off topic but couple of moments that made me go wow
    Chico Corrales Castillo round 10 - One of the best rounds
    Lennox being chopped down by Rahman - Anything can happen with the HW's
    Carl Froch ko'ing Jermain Taylor - Froch mocked before the fight and then needed the ko going into the last

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The first video I thought of was Gatti v Ward in the round of the century. Every time I watch it I get a tingle in my spine. I can't even imagine the physical effort that they used to get through that round. Amazing.

Although it hasn't got any fight footage in it I love the video of Wladimir Kiltschko's entrance against Haye last year. The fact that it has my favourite song of all time in it probably helps. The entrance was ten times more exciting than the disaster of a fight.

As for sheer poetry in motion I find it hard to get better than Toney's schooling of Barkley. That was off the charts. It was like Toney was boxing a guy who was in slow motion. He beat him every possible way he could, throwing every punch in the book.

Also, PBFs masterclass vs. Corralles is real special. So so so complete. He was on top form.

As for sheer poetry in motion I find it hard to get better than Toney's schooling of Barkley. That was off the charts. It was like Toney was boxing a guy who was in slow motion. He beat him every possible way he could, throwing every punch in the book.

Also, PBFs masterclass vs. Corralles is real special. So so so complete. He was on top form.

PBF's best performance for me. Felt so sorry for Corralles. He just didn't know what to do..

Advertisement