Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education allowance question

Options
  • 27-04-2012 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hi there guys, hopefully one of you can help me, I have been offered a job over the summer in Germany working for my uncle, I'm a second year college student currently in receipt of BTEA, if I sign off of the dole for the summer and take this job will I not be able to claim my BTEA when i come back for third year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Hi there guys, hopefully one of you can help me, I have been offered a job over the summer in Germany working for my uncle, I'm a second year college student currently in receipt of BTEA, if I sign off of the dole for the summer and take this job will I not be able to claim my BTEA when i come back for third year?

I asked this question yesterday to the social welfare and they said it was OK. They told me that once you fill out the BTEA form that they send in April and confirm that you wont need job seekers allowance for the summer, but will need BTEA in september. Then you automatically get your BTEA put into your account once the academic year starts in september but wont face any hassle over not being around during the summer.

If you have already filled out the form and have stated that you will be going on job seekers allowance for the summer, then I would get onto your local office to have them rectify it, it wont be a problem, thats what the chap from the social welfare office told me yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

CountryJoe is right. It is possible to work during the summer break and then get your BTEA in third year with no problems as long as you are moving from the second year into the third year of the same course and not from the end of a 2 year course level 6 into a new level 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Thanks a lot guys, The documentation on the social welfare website is very vague on the subject, at least what I could find was, guess I'll be going to Germany this summer, can't wait to have a job again to be honest.

Advertisement