Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh my teeth are so sensitive help

Options
  • 27-04-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

I cant even eat and sambo,was going to bleach them shortly for my wedding but thats a no no.What can I do if not eat and drink threw a straw,on a good note get a bit thinner but they hurt to eat full stop.Just biting on toilet paper to take the edge off it.Sounds sad but relives the pain for a while.I brush with sonicare toothbrush morning and nite with senson toothpaste.Have covered my teeth in toothpaste still the same next morning and dentist said cover in vaslenine done that too no relief.Jesue can anyone give me anything any tips at the end of my thether now thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

get some sensodyne repair and protect. there's a few different types of sensodyne but that's the only one i've noticed that makes a difference. it's the one that orange fella in london does the ad for.

other than that, check your diet. what's your intake of fruit juice/fizzy drinks etc. that can all add up to causing sensitivity.
    i take it that since you've been to your dentist about it, then there's no serious amount of tooth wear??

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks i drink fizzy water 2 ltr a day with a drop I mean a drop of mi wadi no sugar just for the taste.But ill defo try that one tomm trying to have a can tonite and drinking threw a straw budweiser isnt the same :confused:

Should of said i dont drink coke or any lemonade just fizzy water which i always did so dont know why all of a sudden i cant even eat a chip,so bad im blowing on my dinner to make sure its cold enough before i eat it

texas star wrote: »
    Should of said i dont drink coke or any lemonade just fizzy water which i always did so dont know why all of a sudden i cant even eat a chip,so bad im blowing on my dinner to make sure its cold enough before i eat it

2l of fizzy water a day??!

should try and cut that out. the only drinks that won't damage teeth are milk and regular water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Your dentist can apply strong desenstising agents to the teeth. Also new sensitivity is a sign of gum disease. Rather than reaching for the sensodyne (which is a good product BTW) go see your dentist and get your gum checked.

• Advertisement

Ok ill cut out the fizzy water,and try regular.I'll get that toothpaste today thanks

Ok but there not bleeding but ill make an appoinmet thanks

Your dentist can apply strong desenstising agents to the teeth. Also new sensitivity is a sign of gum disease. Rather than reaching for the sensodyne (which is a good product BTW) go see your dentist and get your gum checked.

i would have presumed that the dentist would have mentioned that, although the vaseline is a new one on me. OP when were you last at the dentist??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

i would have presumed that the dentist would have mentioned that, although the vaseline is a new one on me. OP when were you last at the dentist??

You've never used vaseline??

You've never used vaseline??

not for sensitivity, i prefer duraphat.

• Advertisement

Went to dentist 2 months ago.Dentist told me the vaseline is to help prevent gum disease,as I was prone to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Vasaline is often recommended to moisturize the gums for mouth breathers and those with incompetent lips. Sound like your symptoms are pretty bad, defo go back to the dentists and check the gums, and also grinding can make sensitivity worse.

Sometimes your gums don't bleed especially if your a smoker.

Advertisement