Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History research study level choice dilemma?????????

Options
  • 26-04-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi have completed my history research topic today in the booklet and cam to 700 words.(which are the amount for ordinary level). But all through the week I have set my eyes on doing HL for the exam as I got a D1 in the mocks? My teacher told me to put ordinary down on the booklet, well forced me and now wondering what to do for the real thing??

I wanna do HL for the written paper in june so would it make a difference to the whole marking if I do the exam in HL in June and that the research topic is OL??? Don't know what to do now!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Did you get a D1 in Higher Level in the Mocks? There's no way a Teacher can force you into doing a particular level by the way, if you want to do Honours, do it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I know people with HL research topics can drop afterwards, but I imagine if you do HL you'll just a get a low mark for having such a low word count. It might be better to stick with OL or ask your teacher how it works.

Advertisement