Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crack in Plastic Diesel tank

Options
  • 26-04-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭

Lads i put a tiny crack in my diesel storage tank. Is their anyway of plastic welding it or usin an adhesive to stop the leak. Thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You'll have to empty it first and then try plastic welding it.
    Its not hard but I don't know how it will work with diesel contamination.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lads i put a tiny crack in my diesel storage tank. Is their anyway of plastic welding it or usin an adhesive to stop the leak. Thanks:confused:
    you can get an epoxy type stuff in most motor factors, Cant think of the name but when its mixed together, sets as hard as a rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

kevthegaff wrote: »

Cut a potato in half and smear the cut side all over the crack . It will stop it weeping for the night until you can come up with a more permanent solution tommorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ltrvale

try rubbing a bar of soap to it supposed to be a good short term solution

Advertisement