Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyones season bets still in play??

Options
  • 26-04-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭

Was gonna do a search but was wondering if anybody is still in with a shout of a big win with the club season coming to a close??

Was looking through some ante bets I made at the beginning of the year and luckily enough Ive still two on the go. Bayern CL @ 20/1:eek: (shame only 5 e/w on it though:o). Plus a nice little 'to be promoted' accum (albeit optimistic at this stage)...
    West Ham @ 6/4
    Luton @ 13/8
    Huddersfield @ 13/8
    Crawley @ 4/6

I know one lad had a big win last year but it would be mighty if some of ye were still in for a big windfall:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Had an accum and trebles from the following:

Napoli - Serie A 5/1
    Bayern - Champs League 15/2
    Liverpool - Carling Cup 7/1
    Stoke - Europa League 20/1
    PSG - Ligue 1 8/11

€1.20 per line, trebles - €12
    Accum - €2

Stand to return around ~€150 so here's hoping PSG and Bayern do it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

PSG for Ligue 1 @ 4/1

Wouldn't be terrible upset if Montpeiller go on to win it though.

If I can include this, Man U for the league @ Evens :/ Was just after City drew with Sunderland at Eastlands.

Both were mentioned in thread(footy tip) ages ago.

*Also note to self, maybe a seperate thread for this next season would be a good idea. Easier to follow, etc*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nope, the 10 point deduction put an end to my season bet though Im unsure Rangers would have won the league anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mack_Attack

More of a mid-season bet really. On the day AVB got the boot:

Chelsea to win the Champions League & FA Cup - 100/1 with PP

25 on it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

More of a mid-season bet really. On the day AVB got the boot:

Chelsea to win the Champions League & FA Cup - 100/1 with PP

25 on it :eek:

Would be laying off a big lump of that on Liverpool and Bayern if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Mack_Attack

I had a look into that Fowler - I can only seem to lock in around 320, which is a great return, don't get me wrong but I'd be gutted if it actually came through. (I am a Chelsea fan, which doesn't help).

I looked into betting on 3 out of the 4 possible outcomes, i.e Liverpool/Chelsea, Liverpool/Bayern, Chelsea/Bayern. Any other suggestions to how to lock in a greater profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

I have united to win the league and rooney top scorer at 16/1.It's not looking so good now.A Rooney hatrick and a Newcastle win vs city would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I have an accumulator worth about €400

Celtic to win SPL (Won)
    Real Madrid to win La Liga (more or less won now)
    Man United to with the Premier
    West Ham to be promoted

Not looking good at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

shocksy wrote: »
    I have an accumulator worth about €400

Celtic to win SPL (Won)
    Real Madrid to win La Liga (more or less won now)
    Man United to with the Premier
    West Ham to be promoted

Not looking good at all now.

That'll be back on track tomorrow at 4PM kind sir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I had a look into that Fowler - I can only seem to lock in around 320, which is a great return, don't get me wrong but I'd be gutted if it actually came through. (I am a Chelsea fan, which doesn't help).

I looked into betting on 3 out of the 4 possible outcomes, i.e Liverpool/Chelsea, Liverpool/Bayern, Chelsea/Bayern. Any other suggestions to how to lock in a greater profit?

Should be alot easier to guarantee free monies now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Had an accum and trebles from the following:

Napoli - Serie A 5/1
    Bayern - Champs League 15/2
    Liverpool - Carling Cup 7/1
    Stoke - Europa League 20/1
    PSG - Ligue 1 8/11

€1.20 per line, trebles - €12
    Accum - €2

Stand to return around ~€150 so here's hoping PSG and Bayern do it.

PSG come from 2-0 down to win 4-3, though my bet was over, joint top with Montpellier now, extra game played though. Montpellier play a good Rennes side tomorrow so hopefully Rennes will get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Van Persie for Top Scorer at 9/1, should be in the bag now after his brace at the weekend brought him to 30 for the season, at one stage a few weeks ago i was getting worried about Rooney but luckily Rvp has found his way again.

Newcastle +37 points on the Season Handicap market at 16/1 , havent really checked the progress of this bet but surely they are walking away with this.

Had a good few quid on City to win the league after Everton snatched a draw at Old Trafford so fingers crossed they can get the job done against QPR at the weekend.

Hoki wrote: »
    Van Persie for Top Scorer at 9/1, should be in the bag now after his brace at the weekend brought him to 30 for the season, at one stage a few weeks ago i was getting worried about Rooney but luckily Rvp has found his way again.

Newcastle +37 points on the Season Handicap market at 16/1 , havent really checked the progress of this bet but surely they are walking away with this.

Had a good few quid on City to win the league after Everton snatched a draw at Old Trafford so fingers crossed they can get the job done against QPR at the weekend.

25 points off city! Who offered this market out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Are you aware how that bet works? You don't just add the points onto Newcastle's total. Every team has their handicap added on at end of season, whoever is top then wins.

I didn't know that

I presumed it would of been played off number 1 spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

No I don't think so. I didn't know myself and was considering a bet on it a year a go but had a feeling I was missing something as it seemed too easy. Posted on here and I was informed how it worked.

Very misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One bet still open but it won't make me much money - my pick for top SPL goal scorer broke his leg in October I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭elefant

Just checked there, and I actually came very close to getting a place on Soldado for CL top scorer @ 80/1, even though he only played in the group stages :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

ft9 wrote: »
    Are you aware how that bet works? You don't just add the points onto Newcastle's total. Every team has their handicap added on at end of season, whoever is top then wins.

Yea i know how it works, its nearly always a mid table team who wins it hence why i backed both Sunderland(+30) & Newcastle(+37). Newcastle's handicap was actually fairly big considering the biggest handicap allocated is about (+45) for the newly promoted teams. Iv just had a look at the league table there & at a guess id say Newcastle are at least 10 points ahead of perhaps West Brom/Swansea & Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

€20 in mid March on

Spain win Euros @ 5/2
    Janesboro win Munster Junior Cup @ 8/13 (in final and are big favourites)
    Chelsea to finish outside of top 4 @ 8/15 (win)

Worth around €170.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Was in the running quite long with this one but after Barca - Real it was over:

seasonf.jpg

This one should be ok after this weekend though:

rvpv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Was gonna do a search but was wondering if anybody is still in with a shout of a big win with the club season coming to a close??

Was looking through some ante bets I made at the beginning of the year and luckily enough Ive still two on the go. Bayern CL @ 20/1:eek: (shame only 5 e/w on it though:o). Plus a nice little 'to be promoted' accum (albeit optimistic at this stage)...
    West Ham @ 6/4
    Luton @ 13/8
    Huddersfield @ 13/8
    Crawley @ 4/6

I know one lad had a big win last year but it would be mighty if some of ye were still in for a big windfall:)
    That promoted bet looks fairly good now with Huddersfield winning hopefully addin another playoff final to West Ham and Luton who already made it. Crawley promoted automatically. Few quid to be made yet!

Advertisement