Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Aires I-phone app, Aires CC

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just a heads up that we used the i-phone app "Aires CC" with great success recently in France. GPS coordinates are all accurate (in our experience anyway) and info is up to date.

Obviously needs an internet connection but that's what McDonalds is for....

It's "aires CC" and its around €3 - and no, no connection to the app company just spreading the word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Just a heads up that we used the i-phone app "Aires CC" with great success recently in France. GPS coordinates are all accurate (in our experience anyway) and info is up to date.

Obviously needs an internet connection but that's what McDonalds is for....

It's "aires CC" and its around €3 - and no, no connection to the app company just spreading the word.

I have this one on my iPhone. Promobil. It's free to download. Has campsite, aires in various countries and also has locations for companies that service common motorhome items like fridge and boilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Does it have an English version?.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

Bessa wrote: »

Speaking for Aires CC, its a French app and not in English but its unbelievably straight forward to use. It uses google maps to locate your position and give you the closest aires or you can enter a town name and hit "rechercher" (search). Results display can be chosen as a "liste" (list) or on a "carte" (map). Aire facilities are shown in pictogram fashion i.e. a tap for water, a plug for EHU, toilets etc. Also whether you are allowed to park and the allowed duration/fees. Address is given and GPS coords are international decimal format.

You'd need more French to ask a local "Est-ce il ya un aire de stationnment pour les camping-car prés d-ici?" Or something.

A handy thing i used to do is use the i-phone capture to take screenshots of the aire information - that way I could get the aire info for my destination early in the day using a free wifi point (also on many motorway stops as well as McD) - and have the info to hand as a photo on the camera roll as we approached our destination. (hope I explained that ok - i-phone screen capture = press home key and hold down on/off button)

Also it may be available as an Android app, that I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Bessa wrote: »

The main search/find section is in English. You can do and Active or Manual search. Active uses your own GPS location. Manual you can type in a town or city to locate the search there. Returned searches and individual location reviews in German. Gives GPS numbers, website link, map and its easy enough to figure out the other info to see what the location offers.

It's free - download it and check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

There is also a very good app called "iCampsites" on the apple app store by fuzion concepts. I think its updated by folks off the motorhomefacts website.

Alan rogers also have an app which is slicker, but not so much content outside the better known sites.

• Advertisement
Advertisement