Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Underground..

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Apologies if there is a dedicated thread for Tube travel. I have not posted on this forum before..

I need to get from Victoria underground to Stratford (Olympic games station) at 17:30 on a Saturday in july..I need to get there as quick as i can..I realise the tube will be busy but I am just wondering what the best route would be..I cant leave Victoria any earlier than 17:30..

Example Victoria line to Oxford circus and Central line to Stratford..

or District line to Mile End and then Central to Stratford..

or Circle/District to Monument/Bank and then Central Line to Stratford..

there are a few different options but i would be grateful if someone would recommend the quickest..I know sometimes there can be long walks to transfer within the Tube stations. Obviously i will check on the day for delays ect but wanted to get a fee lfor the best route..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Quick from Victoria to Stratford is Victoria-Westminster (District/Circle) and Westminster-Stratford (Jubilee). The Jubilee line is like a rocketship. Well, relatively. It shouldn't take more than an hour max (traffic/delays/engineering works dependent of course)

If you can't take the Jubilee line then get on the Central at Oxford Circus or Bank. It's a fair bit quicker than the District/Circle. Victoria to Mile End on the District line is about 45min alone on a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

TFL journey planner says it takes 30 minutes at half 5 this Saturday to go Victoria then Central Line via Oxford Circus. Tube is busy on Saturdays but always manageable.

You can already check for disruptions here:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/planned-works/calendar/default.aspx

Good news for you is that, with the Olympics starting, planned works will be scaling down. Unless of course you're travelling on the 28th July when they've already started...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

The Jubilee line is very swish, and is my favourite line. Only problem with changing at Westminster is, if I recall correctly, the large number of escalators you have to go down to get from the Circle/District to the Jubilee.

Perhaps you could do a dry run to find out the best places to board the trains so that you're closest to the interchange points/exits. In my experience, what really slows me up is large crowds of slow-moving people in the stations between me and the exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sadnav

easiest place to change is Mile End, just walk across the platform, but I'd check that the lines are running nearer the time, although with the Olympics on, all systems should be go.

Advertisement