Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon - The Suit Co - €139 For Suit, 2 shirts and 2 Ties

Options
  • 26-04-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭

Today's groupon seems like pretty good value.

Highlights
    • New European suit concept
    • Two shop locations in Dublin 1 and Dublin 15
    • Range of international styles, cuts and colours
    The Deal
    • Two-piece suit from an extensive selection
    • Two shirts from a choice of ten
    • Two ties to finish the look
    • Valid at city centre and Blanchardstown locations
    Valid at 34 Lower O'Connell Street, Dublin 1; and Westend Retail Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 only. Valid for suit worth €279, two shirts worth €29.90 each and two ties worth €29.90 each. Tailoring and alteration services will incur a surcharge. Original values verified 19 April 2012 at 10.58am.

Has anyone bought here before or know what the quality of the suits are like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I haven't bought one but I've been in the shop and the quality is fine. You might have trouble getting bigger sizes though, at least from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Got one the last time this deal was on. Everything is good quality, the suites are a little samey in terms of fabric but apart from that its quite a bargain. The staff are very helpful too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Are the suits rubbish tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

We got our wedding suits here - they looked great and the lads still wear them.

They are always doing deals

When we were looking it was 2 suits for €250 - because we were buying six we got the 6 for €600 and 6 shirts for €100

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭The Jaw

I bought there once. Suits are only ok. If you wear them every day you will sruggle to get a few months out of them. But for that price it is a good deal ( Plus I have a big ar*e so that might have something to do with the short suit life!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I was in there once and its seriously overpriced for anything nice. I have a feeling that nothing decent will be in the price bracket for the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think I'll stroll over after work tonight and see what suits are going to be offered as part of the deal and check out the quality. Need a new suit for an upcoming wedding and if these are in any way decent it seems a great bargain.

On their site it says there is a choice between 20 ranges of suits, but I only count 7 on the site that are priced €279.99 or lower. A visit is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

The suits there are great, I've bought five suits from there about 8 months ago and wear them everyday for work. They are fine and the quality is great, no signs of wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Muzi5434 wrote: »
    The suits there are great, I've bought five suits from there about 8 months ago and wear them everyday for work. They are fine and the quality is great, no signs of wear and tear.

Were all your suits priced €279.99 or lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I'd be a little wary of the price they say the suits "were"

I was in recently and bought a suit. Had reduced from €399 to €279. He gave it to me for €150. Very pleased with it. The suits they say were €279 are generally priced around €130 in store.

The guy on the top floor of the place though is really helpful and will give you a good price on anything there. I got this deal before and wasn't too happy with the quality of the suits so asked how much for one that was double the price of the suits in the range. He gave it to me for an extra 50. Much better quality.

The shirts included in the deal are limited to plain white, sky blue and a couple of other colours. Again though he gave me a good price on getting better quality shirts. Yes I spent a little more than I thought but the quality was much better and I was very happy with what I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Muzi5434 wrote: »

Were all your suits priced €279.99 or lower?
    I usually got the ones on offer like 2 for 200 or 2 for 250

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Suit quality is fine when the deal price is taken into consideration. Definitely not worth €279 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Jaw wrote: »
    I bought there once. Suits are only ok. If you wear them every day you will struggle to get a few months out of them.
    I think I see what your problem is.... :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement