Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment date of SFP

Options
  • 26-04-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Thinking of getting a loan to buy some SFP entitlements.

When is the SFP paid?

Will be paying back the loan from the SFP money I receive, so want to make sure I don't tell the lender I will make the payment in say November, and then SFP is delayed so you'll have to wait :o

What are the cross-compliance items that the dept could take back money on?

Will have about 3-4 sheep per acre on about 30 acres, not housing the sheep in winter. No cattle.

Have an old 1970's slatted shed on the farm, which needs a new roof and some new slats here and there but no apparent problems with the tank.

thanks for all info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Vandy West wrote: »
    When is the SFP paid?
    Will have about 3-4 sheep per acre on about 30 acres, not housing the sheep in winter. No cattle.

Have an old 1970's slatted shed on the farm, which needs a new roof and some new slats here and there but no apparent problems with the tank.

thanks for all info
    Not sure of SFP date however for the winter I think you are technically overstocked outside. A ewe is .15 of a LU so lets put 3-4 at .525 of LU/Acre which is 1.3 LU/Ha for overwintering 1LU/HA is the limit now you may be able to claim that you house when you run out of grass and unless they pull you up over a welfare issue over the shed not being covered I do not know.

The Slatted unit would be grand to house in if you could fix the roof unless the slats are very bad they will do sheep ad you may be able to install some sort of sheep slats on top or just straw bed in case of a visit???

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭LivInt20

Vandy West wrote: »

When is the SFP paid?

Will be paying back the loan from the SFP money I receive, so want to make sure I don't tell the lender I will make the payment in say November, and then SFP is delayed so you'll have to wait :o

What are the cross-compliance items that the dept could take back money on?

thanks for all info

Payment date is set as the 1st December each year.

Sometimes a request by Dept to Europe allows payment on 31st Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

Single payment usually paid 50% in Mid October and 50% on December 1st.

Advertisement