Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Replacement

Options
  • 26-04-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for some assistance and the benefit of your collective knowledge.

My Vokera boiler has been struggling along for the last couple of winters and I'm pretty certain it's had its day - it's about 15 years old now and only heats water to 40-50 degrees and then shuts down (not a thermostat issue).

I'm trying to plan now for the replacement. I know I'll get huge benefits (and peace of mind), but the initial cost is obviously a major concern - like everyone right now, one-off big outlays are very unwelcome.

So to my questions:

1. Is it possible that I might get a better deal getting the relacement done during the summer months (if they ever arrive)?

2. Is there a standard cost for this? It seems hard to pin this one down - what I want is "old bolier gone, new one installed"

3. Is there much difference between the various manufacturers?

4. Should I look to source the boiler myself and have an installer fit it or should I go to a "one stop shop", where the installer provides the boiler - I'm thinking there's scope for rip off here.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

<snip>

I can see that post getting deleted , what sort of boiler service and flush do you do for 169 euro .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Posted deleted or snipped.
    Please do not quote spam posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jedstaff

Go with a veissmann or worchester bosch boiler.they are quality brands.i personnally prefare the Bosch.make sure installer is approved by manufacturer ,by checking their website.!IMO let the installer source the boiler,he'll know exactly what model is required for your system.

Advertisement