Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Visual Pinball/Future pinball for a cab build?

Options
  • 26-04-2012 10:09am

Hi all,

I'm toying around with the idea of building a small cab dedicated to pinball games only. It would be a bartop sixed box, probably based around a 19" widescreen monitor mounted vertically.

I've looked at visual pinball and future pinball, but it's clear that running them in a cab along with any decent front end would require a fairly pricey high spec graphics oriented PC. I just can't justify that cost at the moment for what would essentially be a small side project, so I'm looking for something that will give a decent pinball experience on an old 3.0Ghz P4 machine i have lying around at home.

Jamma boards, PC games, mame roms...what are my other options? How can i get a basic spec machine to run a half decent, dedicated pinball experience on a vertical orientation screen? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Advertisement