Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses by Shannon Aerospace

Options
  • 26-04-2012 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

My Google search results are proving useless and Daft is no help

But something that's been on my mind is the two houses that are located near Shannon aerospace on the right as your going down to view the runway.

Whats up with them. I remember people there. Then something happened and now they just seem abandoned? Like seems a mystery but probably a reasonable explanation behind them :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I wondered that myself. They still seem to be maintained, but not in use. I presumed that it had been bought by the airport or something.

Pics

http://g.co/maps/9c7sq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I think it's something to do with the noise levels coming from jet engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Think they rezoned that area to allow a larger emergency area around the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭black & white

As far as I remember, Aerospace own the houses and use them for visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Yes i work for Shannon aerospace and yes they own the houses as part of setting up and use it sometimes for some contract staff

• Advertisement
Advertisement