Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you like your heat?

• 25-04-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Heres a random thread....

On a scale of 1-5
    1. being luke warm - 5. being heat/sun/radiation burn :p where do you stand

Like I love my heat if im not under the heater that hangs on the wall in the bathroom im standing in front of the oven feeling the heat of 220 degrees against me :D or in the shower just below having my skin burnt off. :p or im out trying to soak up as much sun radiation i can get:pac:

So do you love your heat or are you here
    ice-hotel-sweden-3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Um, on a scale of 1-5 I'd have to say... 3? Okay 3.5. Don't get me wrong like, I love heat, but if it's a degree too hot it's hell! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

I love heat out in the sun, but if i'm in bed and the slightest bit too warm I am soo uncomfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

^^^

Yes.

Sun heat, radiator heat and shower heat - gorgeous.

Clothes heat or exercise heat - torture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Some of my best friends are heat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Gonna sound like a loser but I really hate heat..
    I hate being anyway hot, even warmth bothers me.. I prefer being a little bit cold, it makes me feel more awake/alive or something.
    I dunno just when youre warm and if your head is warm it feels stuffy and then it feels nearly claustrophobic and thats not good either

In short, Im a weirdo who needs to move to Greenland <.<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I like kind of.. sharp cold? If it make sense. If its not really cold, just kinda dull, its rubbish, but if its super cold, I love it, makes me feel really alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I love extreme cold weather really - like the winters of 2009 and 2010. Generally though I favour hot, dry pleasant weather (20 degrees plus). The sunshine just like...makes me happy.

But now, if we boil this down to just how much work I like my body to do to maintain a core temperature of ~37degrees Celsius, I would have to say I much prefer being warm than I do being cold. Being cold is horrifically uncomfortable in comparison to being hot, and leads to a cold...

So, err, 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I read it as how much do you like your heart...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I actually prefer winter (that sort of crisp cold as opposed to pissing rain, which is the worst weather type ever) in Ireland as I don't trust the sun here - it could disappear at any second, so everyone freaks out and starts having barbecues and wearing shorts and eating 99s, then I feel like I should do the same but it's never actually that hot so you're always left disappointed, and then it gets dull and all of a sudden you look ridiculous, and you wish you wore pants. Yeah. I like the sun on holidays though, it's more consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I love tanning, when its over 18 degrees I sit on my conservatory, with my ipod and just work on my tan. I love it. Hopefully we get sun in May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

If I look at out the window on a sunny day, I get sunburnt. :P

Anything between 18-20 degrees is perfect for me. Anything higher, I get uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

When its warm in Ireland its perfect :D too bad its never warm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I'm a big lover of "artificial heat" - I could spend all night in front of the stove, and I can't go to bed unless the radiators are piping hot or I have a nice big water bottle beside me. On the flip side, I'm not a huge fan of sun holidays and spending much time outdoors if it's 27 degrees and bakin' hot... strange, but just me xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I can't handle heat at all, any exertion at all or a degree too high and I just explode. But I don't really get cold easily, now I think about it I haven't worn a jumper since Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Heat and radiation burn being the same thing tips the scale in one direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I much prefer winter. It's so much cosier. Summer is okay since we live in Ireland but if we lived in a hot country I'd die. I like it when it's around 22/23 degrees but anything more than that and it's uncomfortable/horrible. Also I think if we got hot summers I'd be even lazier than I am since the sun makes me just wanna chill and do nothing.

Advertisement