Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Spring bolt snipers

Options
  • 25-04-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Whats the regulations on Spring bolt snipers? Mine is 350FPS but I see everyone else with them have up to 500 Fps, Is it allowed in regulations for Snipers such as this to go up to that FPS for distance purposes? Or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I should hope that's a typo, cos if it isn't, you're in possession of an illegal firearm buddy!
    The law pertains to every single type of airsoft gun there is in Ireland, pistol or minigun, it must be under 1J. That's 328fps with a .2g BB. If it's over that, it's illegal! Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Andrewb673 wrote: »
    Whats the regulations on Spring bolt snipers? Mine is 350FPS but I see everyone else with them have up to 500 Fps, Is it allowed in regulations for Snipers such as this to go up to that FPS for distance purposes? Or what?

Ammmm dude hate to break it to you but no airsoft gun be it pistol, aeg, springer in this country should be firing no more than 328fps any thing that does by our law is considered a firearm.

Now one of 3 things:

First: You are from a foreign country and a member of boards and if that is the case you might be fine as other countries have different laws.

Second just because the box to your spring rifle says 350 fps does not mean it is firing that power, If you bought it from a website in Ireland chances are it has been downgraded.

And finally if your rifle is indeed firing at 350 fps and your buddy's are firing at 500 fps and if that's the case.....sheeeit get that downgraded asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Andrewb673

Oh no no, Mines to regulation and downgraded, I was just reading how some places accept them to be over 350 and was interested by it cause of the law saying it can't be over one jewel. I'm Not from a foreign country... Don't get where that came from? General question on it is all, Mines all to regulation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if its shooting at 350fps with a .2g bb its NOT legal. i suggest you have it chrono'd at a reputable site or shop to make sure.

Oh no no, Mines to regulation and downgraded, I was just reading how some places accept them to be over 350 and was interested by it cause of the law saying it can't be over one jewel. I'm Not from a foreign country... Don't get where that came from? General question on it is all, Mines all to regulation

Haha it was a long shot with the foreign thing, there are a couple of peeps that are not from Ireland that are members of boards..Like i said long shot.

Well to answer your question there will not be a skirmishable site in Ireland that will allow you use rifles that fire at above 328fps. In England you can use rifles that fire at 350 fps and above but different laws than us. Every country varies with there laws and legislation but if you were told by a buddy hes got it completely wrong.

• Advertisement

Haha it was a long shot with the foreign thing, there are a couple of peeps that are not from Ireland that are members of boards..Like i said long shot.

Well to answer your question there will not be a skirmishable site in Ireland that will allow you use rifles that fire at above 328fps. In England you can use rifles that fire at 350 fps and above but different laws than us. Every country varies with there laws and legislation but if you were told by a buddy hes got it completely wrong.

Peeps who come here from other country's, Priceless xD
    I think I regret saying 350, Its actually about 318, 312, Bought it from a guy who downgrades them anyways and he put it around 315 i think it was. 350 seemed general enough to say. I think if someone had one at 500FPS you'd notice pretty fast from their shots xD

thermo wrote: »
    if its shooting at 350fps with a .2g bb its NOT legal. i suggest you have it chrono'd at a reputable site or shop to make sure.

Yeah I'm wrong with the 350, When I bought it he quoted 310-315 but then later 318 - 322, So I was a bit off from what i thought it was with the 350

I think I regret saying 350, Its actually about 318, 312, Bought it from a guy who downgrades them anyways and he put it around 315 i think it was. 350 seemed general enough to say. I think if someone had one at 500FPS you'd notice pretty fast from their shots xD

Yeah saying 350 or anything above 328 will insight a barrage of reply's and with good cause as its treated incredibly seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Yeah I'm wrong with the 350, When I bought it he quoted 310-315 but then later 318 - 322, So I was a bit off from what i thought it was with the 350

cool

I get why, Its pretty serious business. The guns look like the real deal for one thing and if they can brake flesh at all its lethal! I'm just gonna need to wish my luck on the long range shots and pray to god the wind doesn't blow the ball away :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I get why, Its pretty serious business. The guns look like the real deal for one thing and if they can brake flesh at all its lethal! I'm just gonna need to wish my luck on the long range shots and pray to god the wind doesn't blow the ball away :P

so now that that's cleared up, what exactly are you asking? :)

T4RGET wrote: »
    so now that that's cleared up, what exactly are you asking? :)

Best Legal way to get a far and accurate sniper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Best Legal way to get a far and accurate sniper :P

Get a decent rifle, test it with good quality BBs to see if it needs improving and if it does, upgrade the internals appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

/Points at location tag.

What's so funny about the fact that people (Irish nationals or not) post on boards from countries other than Ireland?

Different countries, different rules for airsoft, hence why you were asked if you were not in Ireland. The nice round 350fps number is typically found in the UK, with 500fps for bolties, hence also why it was easy for someone to think you were referring to somewhere other than Ireland.

As has been pointed out several times already, the legality regarding any sort of airsoft gun for Ireland is really simple.
    • 328fps or under, with a 0.2g BB is legal
    • 329+fps with a 0.2g BB is not legal.

if you use a heavier weight than 0.2g, that 328 number is lowered, depending on the weight, e.g. 292fps with a .25g BB is legal, etc.

Lemming wrote: »
    /Points at location tag.

What's so funny about the fact that people (Irish nationals or not) post on boards from countries other than Ireland?

Different countries, different rules for airsoft, hence why you were asked if you were not in Ireland. The nice round 350fps number is typically found in the UK, with 500fps for bolties, hence also why it was easy for someone to think you were referring to somewhere other than Ireland.

As has been pointed out several times already, the legality regarding any sort of airsoft gun for Ireland is really simple.
    • 328fps or under, with a 0.2g BB is legal
    • 329+fps with a 0.2g BB is not legal.

if you use a heavier weight than 0.2g, that 328 number is lowered, depending on the weight, e.g. 292fps with a .25g BB is legal, etc.

Funny as its a .Ie sire, Presuming as its a Irish site for information and forums on topics within Ireland. Pointing to your location and questioning why I'd find it funny is just picking for some sort of argument, Which is just plane ridiculous. Non the less, Yeah laws different I understand that, again, is the question answer again! Thanks mate anyways for verifying it more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

You see it is a .ie domain, but similarly arniesairsoft is a .co.uk, and I'm a member there too - it's one of the many joys of the internet; keeps discussion at least in some way multifaceted.

To be honest I too had assumed you were a UK poster due the FPS quoted in your OP, so I guess it was easily enough done.

Annnyway, the best way to get an accurately firing sniper rifle is to take the following steps:

1.) Pick up spade
    2.) Walk outside
    3.) Start digging.
    4.) After several laborious, stop. Stand back and admire the hole
    5.) Take any money you have, and empty it into the hole.

Remember accuracy is a conditional and comparative word in airsoft. In all sincerity though, start with quality from the get go. TM build an excellent rifle, the VSR, which is fantastic out of the box, but also has a rake load of aftermarket parts which enable you to get even more out of it. 6.04mm diameter is best for traditional TBB, though you can get great results from the TK Twist in the VSR.

Advertisement