Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Migrating From Dispoables To Refills

• 25-04-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

Further to this thread I've been vaping disposables for the last week now. Can't believe how easy it is not to smoke using these although I do still enjoy the odd 'proper' smoke. Treat myself to just one a day now and can already feel the benefits.

Anyhow the disposables are a tad expensive long term (costing me more than the rollies I've been smoking the last few months) but obviously the health benefits are priceless.

So time to move on to refills and looking for advice once again. Basically I'm looking for rechargeables with tobacco flavour juice. I do have a prefernce for the 'real cigarette' look also.

All and any help greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

use the coupoin code STARTER to get 15% off, they have free delivery or dublin collection too
    dual coil cartomiser kit, doesnt look like a cigarette but it gives better performance than any of the cigarette looking ones would. you'll get over the fact that it doesnt look like a cigarette very quickly. the battery will last you a day or two from charged and each cartomiser oughta last about a week (they are disposable items, some times you might get unlucky and get one that only lasts 2-3 days, but they're very cheap so it's easy to keep a supply of them at hand)

there are other options than cartomisers, but I've always preferred cartomisers so if someone else wants to reccomend the other stuff they can

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Innokin_AIO_IK1200_PCC_510/p705283_6359108.aspx

if you're married to the cigarette looking ones, this would probably be one of the best. it has the same issues as the other cig looking models, but it comes with a handy cigarette packet sized charging case which can keep the battery from dying after 2 hours use.

juice is a trickier option, there's many different brands of ejuice and you might have to sample a few different kinds before you find one you like or you might love the first few you try.

e-smokeireland make their own juices which have been getting good reviews, irishvapers.ie have their "whitelabel" juices which also get good revierws and the few I've tried have been very good, most of the other sites have "dekang" brand chinese liquid. It's very good quality stuff, the chinese of old are not the chinese of today and the modern ecig was pretty much invented in china. It's also mass produced so pretty damn cheap (15 euro for 50ml, which oughta last you a month maybe more depending on how much you use, its kind of a how long is a piece of strong situation)

i'd really reccomend you go for the kit in the first link. it's cheaper, better performance and really once you have the batteries in that kit you can try just about anything else. all it will require is to buy the atomisers/cartomisers seperately and screw them on. with those cigarette looking models you're pretty restricted in what you can try.
    it's up to you obviously but the cigarette looking models dont really have anything going for them except for the fact they look like a cigarette and once you get an ego style battery device, like the kit I linked above, you'll see there's no problem with them. they easily fit in a pocket or a bag, they look big enough in pictures but they're not monstrous in size or heavy. they are just better in every way.

either way it's your money and i wouldnt say the innokin kit is bad (although Ive never tried it, it does get good reviews) it just doesn't have any advantages over the larger ego style kits (ego is the catch all name for those larger batteries) and I really think you'd be spending your money on an "inferior" product.

Advertisement