Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age did you move to London?

Options
  • 25-04-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

So what age did you move to London?

The reason I'm asking is because, I like to move there one day and just asking for some general information.

And also how did you feel when you moved to London? And did you make the right decision?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

21 - Fine - Yes. I had a job set up which is my career so I was lucky, got it straight out of uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

23 - It felt terrifying and exciting at the same time - London can be merciless. Right decision? Can't really say - sure it's only across the water

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

26 - definitely made the right decision :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I moved to the UK (Bath) at 27, then moved to London after turning 28. I didn't make a decision to move to London as such, it was forced on me as I lost the job I had in Bath.

Moving to the UK in general was definitely the right decision for me due to my interest in cars and motorsport, and it would probably have happened regardless of how things were back in Ireland.

I felt ambiguous about London when I moved here, I still do and probably will for as long as I'm here. I love the variety of things to do at the weekends: restaurants, bars, museums, theatres, interesting shops, etc, but I hate the noise, hassle, traffic, crowds, living costs and public transport. Guess you can't have one without the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Aged 27 and a half :) Needed the change and the opportunity came up. Feel a bit like Serrity with regards to the ambiguity... there's stuff I like but stuff I loathe. Right decision overall, even though some times I miss the locality of Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

20. I turned 21 a month later. I've met Irish people of all ages who have moved here, young single people, older single people, families etc. Sometimes I feel that it's a city more for young people but then again you're as young as you feel.

Basically you can move here at any age.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sam V Smith

Moved to the UK straight after leaving school for uni at the age of 18. Lived in Manchester until 2011, moved to London at 22. Aged 23 now, although I forsee myself being based partly between Dublin and London this year, all things depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jimmyneo1

Moved here at 22 and I'm 29 now, one of the best decisions I've ever made but where the hell did the time go???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I had just turned 23, I moved here to do an MSc and stayed on. It was definitely the right thing for me to do, I'll probably stay here for a few more years anyway!

Advertisement