Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

claim back vat for unregistered farmer

Options
  • 25-04-2012 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I am looking at the form vat 58 for claiming back vat. My fater did some ploughing last year and the contractor told him he could claim back the vat on the ploughing. I cant see this anywhere on the form. Under "land improvement" there is a box for fencing, drainage and reclamation but nothing for ploughing. Has anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

No way sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

You can provide it is part of a program to reclaim or drain land ie you must have Land drainage reciepts as well as ploughing reseeding reciepts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

You can provide it is part of a program to reclaim or drain land ie you must have Land drainage reciepts as well as ploughing reseeding reciepts

Correct, but only as part of reclaiming. The OP didnt say about reclaiming and i gave my opinion on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Correct, but only as part of reclaiming. The OP didnt say about reclaiming and i gave my opinion on same.

It was just when he mentioned about 'box for fencing, drainage and reclaimation' I thaught it might be applicable

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

i,ve been told in the past that if uget ur contractor too supply the grass seed they don,t have too charge you the vat on the ploughing and reseeding job,any one else hear that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Don't think this is the case, registered contractor has to charge 13.5% on work done. I don't think there is any vat on grasseed.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

blue5000 wrote: »
    Don't think this is the case, registered contractor has to charge 13.5% on work done. I don't think there is any vat on grasseed.

correct

Advertisement