Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist wouldn't pull tooth and I can't eat

Options
  • 25-04-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭

What can I do, I have a broken wisdom tooth that has caused an ulcer, I can hardly eat with it, went to the dentist to have an extraction, first he told me I needed anti-biotics, then said, no, I'll clean all your teeth, and come back next week, to see how the ulcer heals, but the ulcer won't heal as the broken tooth is causing it...... should I just go to another dentist, I have clean teeth, but I am in agony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

screamer wrote: »
    What can I do, I have a broken wisdom tooth that has caused an ulcer, I can hardly eat with it, went to the dentist to have an extraction, first he told me I needed anti-biotics, then said, no, I'll clean all your teeth, and come back next week, to see how the ulcer heals, but the ulcer won't heal as the broken tooth is causing it...... should I just go to another dentist, I have clean teeth, but I am in agony

better off taking the anti biotics then go back to him after a week or 2 and he will then remove the tooth?

if your not happy with him then just book an appointment for another dentist..

thats really your 2 only options here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

screamer wrote: »

Sometimes best not to work in an infected area so best to clean it all up with antibiotics first... Hard to say....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

My experience was similar to yours, take the medication, gargle some salty water and get the area cleaned up properly so you can get the extraction.

Advertisement