Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iska feather weight title?

Options
  • 25-04-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

Who should Decky fight for this-The featherweight division is stacked but a lot of the top guys are booked out, what say you, Who should get a shot at the talented Decky Dalton

Will be big night for CC with their title and the Iska both up for feather weight, my natural reaction was get Roddy in for it but he's defending his CC belt.

Tim Murphy if he was available would be my choice.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

cowzerp wrote: »
    Who should Decky fight for this-The featherweight division is stacked but a lot of the top guys are booked out, what say you, Who should get a shot at the talented Decky Dalton

Will be big night for CC with their title and the Iska both up for feather weight, my natural reaction was get Roddy in for it but he's defending his CC belt.

Tim Murphy if he was available would be my choice.

Connor mc Gregor or ben davis???

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Connor mc Gregor or ben davis???

mcgregor is contracted to cage warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

mcgregor is contracted to cage warriors

does that mean he isnt allowed to fight for the iska belt........or just that he's not allowed to fight on cc?

weemate wrote: »
    does that mean he isnt allowed to fight for the iska belt........or just that he's not allowed to fight on cc?

It means he can only fight on cage warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

weemate wrote: »

From what I gather the belt is independent so could be defended on any show, so no reason why Cage warriors could not ask for it if they chose, but the next ISKA fight is planned for CC so would need to be after that.

Are any other ISKA belt's going to be on the CC show or is this the only 1?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Brian Moore or Paul Cowzer!

im sure it could be fought for on cage warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

I think Ben Davis v Decky Dalton would be a stand up war!!

Although last I heard Ben was taking time off, still would be great too see it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

It's not actually my shout as thankfully i'm not the boss, but that being said....

I would have absolutely NO interest in Cage Warriors hosting an ISKA Title bout.

Plus with all due respect to Decky he shouldn't be fighting Conor McGregor who has MUCH bigger fish to fry right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Brian Moore. Meant to happen a few times and fell through due to injuries, but would be a great fight. Two guys on the rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Are any other ISKA belt's going to be on the CC show or is this the only 1?

Because the ISKA are an independant body any of their titles can be defended on any sanctioned event. The process is simple, just make sure you cover the full criteria set out by the ISKA then apply to have a particular fight. I think with the amount of amature titles the have in Ireland as well as the pro titles smaller promotions could really benefit from getting on board. For example if a lad from Rush wins an ISKA amy belt on Immortal he could then defend that title at home next time round.

I am happy to help out anyone who wants to have a look at it and will not veto anyone the way I was in Belfast. The more the merrier I say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

+1 for Brian Moore and Decky Dalton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

For example if a lad from Rush wins an ISKA amy belt on Immortal he could then defend that title at home next time round
    love the idea of that but last i heard the majority of Irish shows are still unsanctioned. Is this still the case?
    And is it only the one bout has to be sanctioned or does the entire show have to be to have the title on it?

love the idea of that but last i heard the majority of Irish shows are still unsanctioned. Is this still the case?
    And is it only the one bout has to be sanctioned or does the entire show have to be to have the title on it?

I sanction the Rumble ;)

Thanks for the answer John-It's certainly interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

depending on your goals none of these titles really mean anything

if your goal is to make a living from this then all that matters is
    1- ur record
    2- quality of opponent you've beat and ultimately
    3- how far you are from signing with a major organisation $$$$

if your goal is to impress your mates then been the (insert one of the many many 'titles' here) champion might be good enough :)

as for the question i think Decky v Artem would be a good fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

A lot of good fights mentioned, but most of them can't happen because of contracts, injuries or other commitments. Artem on the other hand is always ready!

John ask Tim Murphy, if he's available he is deserving.

John ask Tim Murphy, if he's available he is deserving.

he's still fighting?

he's still fighting?

I don't rhink he's retired officially that's why I said ask, he's better than all named so far that are available and would be the best choice if available in my opinion

he's still fighting?

I don't rhink he's retired officially that's why I said ask, he's better than all named so far that are available and would be the best choice if available in my opinion

Really ? u think he's faced better opposition than artem over the past say 2yrs?

• Advertisement

Really ? u think he's faced better opposition than artem over the past say 2yrs?

I never said that-I said I think he is a better fighter and a far bigger draw too in my opinion.

Many Irish fans would love to see Tim, would raise interest in CC i'd say.

What's artems record

he's still fighting?

What's artems record

he's still fighting?

Im sure u know how to use sherdog

but with recent wins over hill, uchi and razor close decision loss to Saul ...all current high ranked UK guys . with all due respect to Tim his last win was about a year and a half ago against an unranked fighter.
    I can understand somebody who doesn't understand how mma works just looking at the records, but i assume u guys can look a bit deeper.

Wouldn't always trust sherdog, not all promotions update which is why I asked. His last fight doesn't seem to be on it. I think artem is a good fighter. Records don't always tell the full story.

What's artems record

he's still fighting?

Im sure u know how to use sherdog

but with recent wins over hill, uchi and razor close decision loss to Saul ...all current high ranked UK guys . with all due respect to Tim his last win was about a year and a half ago against an unranked fighter.
    I can understand somebody who doesn't understand how mma works just looking at the records, but i assume u guys can look a bit deeper.

How good a fighter anyone is shouldn't come into it. If a title is to have any real value (in the absence of a properly administered and weighted ranking system) then at the very, very minimum you should be:
    1) active in the last 6 months-1 year
    2) Not coming off a loss
    3) Have beaten at least 1 other "contender" (though that term loses meaning in the absence of rankings too)
    4) and have had X number of professional fights.

I think at this stage the title thing is a bit ridiculous. I understand the need for promotions to have them for promotional purposes, and by and large, deserving fighters hold most Irish titles. However I think they're getting a little cheapened and I think unless your promotion is attracting big Irish names and big Irish fights, offering a title up is pretty meaningless.

Anyway Artem, Brian Moore, Cowzer. All good opponents with recent good wins.

Anyway Artem, Brian Moore, Cowzer. All good opponents with recent good wins.

agreed. im pretty sure cowzer is not fighting? brian is otherwise engaged, so therefore...

agreed. im pretty sure cowzer is not fighting? brian is otherwise engaged, so therefore...
    Paul is always retired until someone offers him a fight :)

I'd like to see Tim Murphy back in action but would it be fair on active fighters if someone inactive could parachute into a title bout?

I'd like to see Tim Murphy back in action but would it be fair on active fighters if someone inactive could parachute into a title bout?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Since when is life about what is fair?

• Advertisement

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Since when is life about what is fair?
    Since I said so!

Advertisement