Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strathclyde Police

Options
  • 25-04-2012 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if anybody has applied to join Strathclyde Police? They seem a bit more lenient as regards the 3 year UK residency rule, they state on their website that in certain cases this can be waived when they can get access to Background checks etc.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Don't hold your breath for a residency waiver - only given in the most exceptional circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Nearly had me:) Unfortunatly theres nothing like the Garda Siochana in my opinion they are the best!!!. :P Though I would have gone for this had it been open up to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Just to clarify, I sent an email to Strathclyde regarding residency, heres the response I got:

Hi XXXX

Any resident of the UK or Ireland can apply to Strathclyde Police, as the necessary checks can be carried out by our Force Vetting Unit in liaison with their colleagues in the Garda.  Please ensure you meet the required entry qualifications.  If you were successful you would require to exchange your Driving Licence for a UK Licence, issued by the DVLA in Swansea.  You should also be aware that you would be required to attend here for several parts of the recruiting process (Entrance /Fitness Tests, Initial /Final Interview, Final Fitness /Drugs Tests)  Accommodation may be arranged nearer the time, subject to availability, at the Centre.  I hope this information assists you!

Regards

XXXX

Hope this helps people, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Raggaroo

You would need to be able to watch "Rab C Nesbitt" without subtitles to work as a cop in Glasgow though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

There are a fair few stages to go through - a lot of travelling and expense involved.
    While I'm glad to see their comments that residency/vetting will not be an issue the ultra-cautious streak in me says that could still have the potential to go tits up , I know a couple of years ago ROI residents were refused on the basis of the residency rule.

Hopefully it'll be better this time around. Good luck to anyone applying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

I applied the start of February and the only stage I have got to was a letter confirming my application.

Not getting my hopes up would be great though.

Advertisement