Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking With Dinosaurs Coming To Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

I've seen it already, its really awesome! I recommend it :>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Been to it in Liverpool, and can only echo what Adam has said. Well worth going to as it is a great show for adults and kids alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How long does it run for?

Galvasean wrote: »
    How long does it run for?

About 70 to 75 mins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Kess73 wrote: »
    About 70 to 75 mins.

Goes flying tho

• Advertisement

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Goes flying tho

It really does. You feel as if 20 or 30 minutes have gone by, then the show is ending and when you look at your watch you see that it was 70 mins or so.

Sign of an engrossing show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Hi All,
    Sorry for digging up this but can any one tell me if this is suitable for a dinosaur loving 6 year old?

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Sorry for digging up this but can any one tell me if this is suitable for a dinosaur loving 6 year old?

More than suitable, perfect! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

+1.

Went to the show in Belfast at the weekend. Great experience. There were plenty of kids there who were well under 6 so you'll be grand.

Thanks. Think I'll try and afford it so.

• Advertisement

I noticed Ticketmaster are no longer selling tickets. Are they still available at the box office?

Oh no. And I'm just after telling my son we could go and showed him the video!

Oh no. And I'm just after telling my son we could go and showed him the video!

You should definitely give the O2 a ring. I think its common practice to take tickets off from Ticketmaster once the show's run has started. Its a precaution to avoid shows overselling. I'd imagine there are some tickets left. They're still running big adverts in the newspapers.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Going to this on Saturday, can't wait :o

This was amazing. Not a peep out of my son for the duration of it. Any one remember what the dinosaur with the big head crest was called?

I have to say, this was cooler than cool. The show is incredible, really, really well done. I'd love to see it again even.

The only thing that let it down for me were the usual well-to-do 'parents' letting their kids babble on at the top of their voices, distracting everyone around them. I actually found it hard to concentrate & actually even hear things at times. Why anyone would bring children to this & not encourage them to listen & maybe learn something is beyond me. Morons.

There's also the morons that feel they're exempt from the 'no flash photography' rule. How simple is it, to do what your fukcing told like, again, a huge distraction. Morons.

But you know what, this show is so worth sitting amongst idiots for, & I'd gladly do it again. My son thought it was incredible too :cool:

This was amazing. Not a peep out of my son for the duration of it. Any one remember what the dinosaur with the big head crest was called?

Its called Torosaurus :>

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Its called Torosaurus :>

Or is it Triceratops :pac:

But no, seriously, you're right...

Thanks Adam Khor. I would have recognised the Triceratops:D. (just about). I've now had a little read, very interesting on the "identity crisis" of the Triceratops and Torosaurus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

EnterNow wrote: »
    ... usual well-to-do 'parents' letting their kids babble on at the top of their voices, distracting everyone around them. I actually found it hard to concentrate & actually even hear things at times. Why anyone would bring children to this & not encourage them to listen & maybe learn something is beyond me. Morons.

Curious comment. Since when is this just "well to do parents" ? You could have said parents and made the same point.

Theres always chatter at kids shows. Considering the volume of the narration and the effects, I had no problem hearing it. Perhaps you were just unlucky where you sat. Incidentally at the show I was at there were lots of empty seats around especially higher up. Certainly far from sold out.
    There's also the morons that feel they're exempt from the 'no flash photography' rule. How simple is it, to do what your fukcing told like, again, a huge distraction. Morons...

Not a big problem at the show I was at. Again maybe you were unlucky in your seating position. Those LED light things they were selling were a bit distracting. But not too bad at the same time.

Kids really enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up happydayz8 on the ""identity crisis" of the Triceratops and Torosaurus." wondering that myself.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/2012/03/the-torosaurus-identity-crisis-continues/

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    Curious comment. Since when is this just "well to do parents" ? You could have said parents and made the same point.

In my experience it's always the well-to-do 'parent' or 'parents' types at these type of things who basically leave their kids to chat away at full voice with complete disregard for anyone beside, behind or in front of them. Youd expect a disturbance from young teens, groups of teenagers etc etc...but not in this case. Does it not occur to certain types of parents that their kids rambling on is even slightly distracting for others? If it doesn't, then its pig-headed ignorance.
    Theres always chatter at kids shows. Considering the volume of the narration and the effects, I had no problem hearing it. Perhaps you were just unlucky where you sat. Incidentally at the show I was at there were lots of empty seats around especially higher up. Certainly far from sold out.

I was front row, on the third tier up. Excellent seating & viewing position. When it got going, you could obviously hear no problem...it was at the quiter parts, where the narrator was talking/explaing something interesting, I had about three kids directly behind me, and about four of them three seats to my left...all babbling on about school/tv/etc, while their 'mom' seemed blissfully unaware that neither I, not anyone else, paid money to hear all about their kids daily life. I wasn't the only one affected, one guy to my right actually complained to an user.
    Not a big problem at the show I was at. Again maybe you were unlucky in your seating position. Those LED light things they were selling were a bit distracting. But not too bad at the same time.

When someone has a prolonged flash setting, coming in at your 4'oclock position, often exposing for ten seconds or more...thats unlucky alright, unlucky to be surrounded by twats. Again, most people had no issue using no flash settings, but one brain donor in particular seemed so la de dah & exempt from the rules that she distracted me quite a few times throughout the show.

Those spinning led things were only a minor distraction in comparison, you get used to them like....but this was like a garden halogen light at my rear quarter.
    Kids really enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up happydayz8 on the ""identity crisis" of the Triceratops and Torosaurus." wondering that myself.

Definitely enjoyable, more so even for my son. Maybe I was just unlucky with seating position, then again, in an Irish crowd your often more unlucky than lucky at events & days out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I would simply have moved. Lots of space at my show. But it was nothing like that.

Does it not occur to certain types of parents that their kids rambling on is even slightly distracting for others? If it doesn't, then its pig-headed ignorance.

From my experience I find many parents have adapted to filter out the sound of their children into 'background noise' to the point where they don't realise how distracting/offputting it can be for others.

Advertisement