Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just got the best HP birthday present.

• 25-04-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

So it's my 21st birthday tomorrow, and after my mum hiding this from me for months she caved and gave it to me early today.

It's completely handmade and one of a kind. Apparently all the fabrics are rare and really hard to find. I'm in love with it.

538616_2965756552784_1527754729_31920719_2075192918_n.jpg

I've added attachments in this post with more detailed pictures.

I'm in awe of it, it's amazing, it's without a doubt the best present I've gotten. Just felt I should share it with other Harry Potter fans!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

What is it exactly? Or do you just hang it on your wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That is so cool, what a thoughtful mammy you have :D Amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Wow that is absolutely beautiful! What a great mam!

I got a great HP present last year for my birthday off my boyfriend. We'd only been going out a few months and he came up with this all on his own :D

NN7856L.jpg

It's the Mirror of Erised. The picture doesn't do it justice, it's really beautiful. It's about 17 inches tall and it's really heavy, not sure what metal it is but it's a really well-made replica!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

What is it exactly? Or do you just hang it on your wall?

I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet! I'll either hang it up or use it as throw or something! I'm not entirely sure yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I got a great HP present last year for my birthday off my boyfriend. We'd only been going out a few months and he came up with this all on his own :D

NN7856L.jpg

It's the Mirror of Erised. The picture doesn't do it justice, it's really beautiful. It's about 17 inches tall and it's really heavy, not sure what metal it is but it's a really well-made replica!

Hi, does it work properly, and is it effective? What are the reccomendded times of usage before it can become dangerous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

NN7856L.jpg

Hi, does it work properly, and is it effective? What are the reccomendded times of usage before it can become dangerous?

Well I only see myself in it but hot damn I'm desirable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Wow, that's AMAZING! So thoughtful too! The detail is fantastic.
    I love the Mirror of Erised too. I'm going to have to show this thread to my bf as a little hint for future presents :p

Advertisement