Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'sim network unlock pin' for samsung galaxy s

Options
  • 24-04-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

I've got a samsung galaxy s and when i try to put a three sim it i get 'sim network unlock pin' and i can dismiss but it wont allow calls or texts to be made. Anyone experience it or way to sort it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

• Site Banned Posts: 8 emmett123

your phone is a network locked phone. it will ask for network pin when you try to insert other network sim into your phone. you need to unlock it before you use other providers sim in it. unlocking solution for phones are lot. you can go with softwares or hardware tools or cables which you connect through computer and unlock it or using codes or through remote unlocking services. each method has its own pros and cons. when you go with softwares you need to know the exact procedure for using the softwares and if it goes wrong the result will be either loss of your data or loss of your phone. the same thing applies to all using hardwares or cables. when you unlock your phone through remote unlocking services you dont have any assurance whether you get your phone unlocked or not. codes method of unlocking also has many disacdvantages but not much when compared to other methods. codes might go wrong but there is an alternate solution where you have a certain number of attempts to enter the codes. if you exceed the number of attempts you need to hardreset your phone. but compared to other methods codes are less risky. i got my phone unlocked through codes. i got the codes from Superunlockcodes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

ronano wrote: »
    I've got a samsung galaxy s and when i try to put a three sim it i get 'sim network unlock pin' and i can dismiss but it wont allow calls or texts to be made. Anyone experience it or way to sort it
    You can get the unlock code for your phone from your network provider. Normally there are some pre-requisites to get this, O2 for example require you have bought €150 since you got the phone. There should be somewhere on the network's site you can request it or else you can just ring them. You should have the code within a few days for no extra charge other than all the credit you bought from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

So I basically ring three customer support if I want to get the unlock code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You can give this a go, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.helroz.galaxysunlock&hl=en you may need your phone rooted though.

But I'm guessing that you must have the phone quite a while if it's a Galaxy S so Meteor should give it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

I have a Galaxy S3 but I tried some of those apps and basically I need to root my phone. I emailed three for the unlock code so hopefully they'll give it to me.

Advertisement