Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Ennis

Options
  • 24-04-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be spending a few nights in Ennis soon, and I would be grateful for pub recommendations.

I don't know the town well at all.

The type of pubs I like are:

GALWAY: Salt House, Bierhaus (craft beer pubs)
    Garavan's / Freeney's / Murphy's / An Tobar (talking, Guinness pubs)

DUBLIN:

Mulligan's / Grogan's Castle Inn / L Mulligan Grocer / Pifko

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I have received a response from somebody about Ennis pubs

"theres an ol skool one on the top of o connell st whose name escapes me ( o dea's? ) which has its charms.

lucas's on parnell st is quite nice....

actually theres a grand pub next door to the West County Hotel called the halfway house which is our local. but slim enough pickings, and i havent a notion re craft beers."

Any comments or recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Hi G.
    here are some i like from time to time,
    moroneys n the market+ trad music on sun eve's
    lucas's as mentioned
    the diamond, o connell st
    Ciarans near the queens nite club
    cruises near the queens nite club
    hope these are of help to you
    L.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 E Minor

Hi,

Definitely Cruises, Ciarán's, Brogans' (great for music), Lucas' and O'Dea's (even though I must admit, I've never made it in myself yet, but have heard wonderful things about it, especially if you like the old world feel).

Enjoy Ennis!

The first night I visited The Halfway House. Good pub.

I walked along Clare Road onto Carmody street.

I ended up in P Lucas on Parnell street. Good pub, quite busy. They have Duvel for 4.40, which is great value.

I also visited M Griffin, a few doors down from P Lucas. Good, quiet pub, Guinness for 3.60. But no pint bottles.

The second night I returned to the Halfway House, where the barman gave me directions to O'Dea's on Upper O.Connell street.

I liked O'Dea's, but not enough to return during a short trip. It's seems to be a pub-cum-grocery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement