Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good physios etc in clare

Options
  • 24-04-2012 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

can anyone recommend me a physio/osteopath etc in clare. preferably east clare? i know oakwood osteopaths in killaloe come recommended but they have a long waiting list and are expensive.
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I had the same problem a few years back after a motorbike accident. I ended up having to travel to Dublin. :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know it's not in East Clare, but I wouldn't be able to recommend the Ennis Osteopathic Clinic highly enough, I've gone to them a couple of times a year for a few years now and everytime they fix me up, what I like the most about them is they don't sign you up for a load of extra sessions, if you need another session the week after they'll book you in but tell you to cancel a couple of days before hand if you want to. Their number is 086-071 2876

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭black & white

Five of my family, including myself, have used these people based in Newmarket on Fergus, Really excellent service.

http://shannonsideclinic.com/contact-us.html

A guy called Gerry McIntyre is a Physical Therapist based in Shannon and one family member used him, the feedback was very good as well. Can't find a website but on the IAPT website gives his contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

A lad named Damien Quirke works in Ennis but he travels if needs be. He does a lot of work for the FAI both at senior and youth level and also the Clare soccer league. PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I second the recommendation for Shannonside Physio in Newmarket on Fergus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Clareman wrote: »
    I know it's not in East Clare, but I wouldn't be able to recommend the Ennis Osteopathic Clinic highly enough, I've gone to them a couple of times a year for a few years now and everytime they fix me up, what I like the most about them is they don't sign you up for a load of extra sessions, if you need another session the week after they'll book you in but tell you to cancel a couple of days before hand if you want to. Their number is 086-071 2876

Thanks I'll give them a go. I have very stiff neck muscles

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

physio in Shannon is good too - based in Leisure centre

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Vooice

I can highly recommend this guy, both myself and some of my family have been. He's a very nice guy and great at what he does:

http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?q=ennis+injury+clinic&hl=en&cid=6567500057432650352

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Clareman wrote: »

thanks for all the replies.

How much do they charge for a session?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

http://www.corofinacupuncture.com/index.html
    is this too far ???

he is really REALLY good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

A guy called Gerry McIntyre is a Physical Therapist based in Shannon and one family member used him, the feedback was very good as well. Can't find a website but on the IAPT website gives his contact details.

I'd second that RE Gerry McIntyre. I got to know him through hurling. He's an excellent Physio and a very nice guy. Couldn't reccomend him highly enough.

This is his website: http://www.shannonpt.com (Although it seems to be down at the minute for some reason)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the Ennis Centre is €60 a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Vooice

Vooice wrote: »
    I can highly recommend this guy, both myself and some of my family have been. He's a very nice guy and great at what he does:

http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?q=ennis+injury+clinic&hl=en&cid=6567500057432650352

Ennis Injury Clinic charges €35 a session. Session is typically an hour to an hour and a half.

Advertisement