Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to fit both tri bars and a speedo on the handlebars??

Options
  • 24-04-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I just fitted my first set of clip on tri bars to the bike but alas there is nowhere to fit my speedo now. Up until now I have been using two cycle computers at once, a velo 5 and my garmin forerunner 305 but now with the new tri bars there is no where to mount either of them.

Is this a common problem, how do ye overcome this, is there any little tricks to fit the speedo to some part of the handlebars or even the tri bars??

Don't particularly want to have to train with the garmin on my wrist, it would be great if i could get it mounted on the bike somewhere.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks?

PS I have the garmin bike mount kit if this is any help.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-small-bike-mount-kit/

I have attached a photo to explain the problem more clearly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I cut an old bike pump to size and drilled some holes in the end and secured with cable ties. Worked for the 405 and now the 910.
    283108_2108382643479_1662987617_2020023_926714_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

beep Beep, could you explain to me did you drill a hole in ur handlebars so you could insert the old bike pump into the newly formed hole or was it another meathod you used, im not sure? If you did, would this not be effectively be damaging your handlebars on a permanent basis?

Also where did you buy the piece of plastic that joinns the bridge between the two tri-bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Looking at the picture I'd say BeepBeep has done the following:
    • Cut a piece of tubing of required diameter to fit the gap between Tri bars (an old bicycle pump in this example)
    • Drill holes in said tubing
    • Attached zip ties through newly drilled holes and used to attched tube to the tri bars
    • Attached cycle mount to tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Looking at the picture I'd say BeepBeep has done the following:
    • Cut a piece of tubing of required diameter to fit the gap between Tri bars (an old bicycle pump in this example)
    • Drill holes in said tubing
    • Attached zip ties through newly drilled holes and used to attched tube to the tri bars
    • Attached cycle mount to tube.

that makes sense, I actually misinterpreted the photo and taught the front wheel of the bike was a metal bar extending from the handlebars out to the watch because of the colour of it.Duh!!

But yes, the instructions make sense. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

why not mount it on the stem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

3102derek wrote: »
    why not mount it on the stem?

I'm not sure the 305 comes with a mount that's adaptable for the stem (could be wrong), the 910 does with the quick release kit, so that's where mine is now.

Advertisement