Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance again

Options
  • 24-04-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Who's doing the best deals on insurance at the moment?

Just got my renewal from First Ireland. €270 fully comp. for a VW Beetle and MG Midget. 3000 Mileage limit

Seems reasonable but every cent counts these days!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Gel wrote: »
    Who's doing the best deals on insurance at the moment?
    There's no such thing as one company doing the best deals for everybody. You need to ring every ins co and a good selection of brokers to find out who'll do the best deal for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Hi i am with F/I with my 95 bmw they have me covered with chartis for 326 i got the insurance in the post from chartis it says the cost of the policy is 266 euro. So someone is putting a few bob in their pocket. F/I have me over a barrel as my 95 is caught in no mans land being 17 years old to old for reg. insurance & too young for classic insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

homingbird wrote: »
    Hi i am with F/I with my 95 bmw they have me covered with chartis for 326 i got the insurance in the post from chartis it says the cost of the policy is 266 euro. So someone is putting a few bob in their pocket. F/I have me over a barrel as my 95 is caught in no mans land being 17 years old to old for reg. insurance & too young for classic insurance.

Why too old for regular insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

I made a bit of a false statement there some did quote me with made money quotes . It seems if it is your first insurance they dont like cars over 15 years old.Your car needs to be 20 years old for classic car insurance.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

bbsrs wrote: »
    Why too old for regular insurance?

Depends on the company concerned. Some have maximum age limits on standard motor policies, be it 15/20/25/30 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement