Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swather for baled silage?

Options
  • 24-04-2012 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey lads and ladies...

Been thinking of investing in a swather or muffler as they're sometimes called. Something like this anyway...http://www.conoreng.ie/product.php?category_id=8&product_id=28

I'm just wondering what are peoples opinions? Preferably someone who has been using one! I've seen silage being made that had been shaken through with one and it seemed to make a big impact on the moisture in the grass.

I'm more concerned about price though, or what make would people recommend? Any advice at all would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

Got one from a manufacturer in Shannonbridge a few years ago, a mighty strong well made machine that does a wonderful job.........if your fields are like billiard tables.

If possible get one with the wheels in line with the drum, otherwise if you have even small ridges the tines dig in and pull up soil, and then in the hollows just ride over the top of the material.

Have seen a few on the market with the prefered wheel set-up but I cannot recall the manufactureres, but I'm sure some one will know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I seen in the Farming indo yesterday that they had an article on the NEW Bridgeway swarther. They are supposed to have rectified the problems with the wheels on the older models.

Advertisement