Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change a sparkplug Focus '99

Options
  • 24-04-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

I need to change a sparkplug on my '99 focus.
    I am a complete amateur at anything car related,but I'm determined to give it a try!

All and any help greatly appreciated! :D

[p.s also a list of tools I may need! :) ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,007 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My advice is to purchase a Haynes manual for the car, your looking around €30 for it, if you just use it to change the spark plugs with you will save the cost will that job alone.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_204631_langId_-1_categoryId_212451

You then need a tool to remove the spark plugs, these vary in price but a basic one will be under €20, LIDL often have them on special. Most importantly when removing and inserting sparkplugs is not to cross thread them, take time to check they are lined up properly.

Here's a video to give an idea what is involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Les56

Cheers man! Will defo invest in it!

Thanks again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Onwardandupwar

My advice and you won't brake or ring anything make sure you leave ur engine running for a good while before you attempt to remove the plugs as it will make them that bit easier to remove. Now of course I do mean turn the car off when ur going to change them. And just take your time and be carefull

Advertisement