Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Grafenwalder Weiss Bier 500ml cans - 2 for €1.50

Options
  • 24-04-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭

Valid til 29th April ... *hic* ....

IE_39242wk17_01_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

That is superb value. It's actually cheaper than in LIDL NI too :eek:

IE_39242wk17NI_01_s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Grafenwalder is gorgeous beer, really lovely. :D Pretty strong too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,374 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are 2 types of grafenwalder cans, this one is the cloudy weiss beer like erdinger, it is usually the more expensive one but some people might be expecting a generic lager type beer.

Very good price

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Yeah, the cloudy one is gorgeous. Usually something like €1.19 a can. Tastes exactly the same as Erdinger to me. I actually can't tell the difference! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭totoal

Bit of advice:Be sure and give it a good chilling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Thanks, OP. It's a nice beer, at will taste even better at this price

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

This is lovely beer. A bargain at that price. Will be stocking up on way home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

If I drink Miller, Fosters and Becks would I like this beer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

2qk4u wrote: »
    Weissbier / "wheat beer" is very different to the above..

.. definitely not to everyone's taste in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,374 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Basq wrote: »
    Weissbier / "wheat beer" is very different to the above.
    +1, but it does taste more 'generic' than some of the weissbiers out there, so it might be more acceptable to lager drinkers than some other weissbeirs. e.g. I drink erdinger but can't have more than a pint of Paulaner or Franziskaner as I find them too fruity or something.

Worth a shot for 1.50, you don't have to buy a crate...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

2qk4u wrote: »

Grafenwalder would be at the blander end of the weissbier scale so worth trying. Hefe is unfiltered so if you're used to bland highly carbonated beer then I'd advise you to drink it very cold and pour it gently to leave sediment in the can.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never tried it before but love Hefe's and there's a Lidl on the way home from work.

RESULT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    Yeah, the cloudy one is gorgeous. Usually something like €1.19 a can. Tastes exactly the same as Erdinger to me. I actually can't tell the difference! :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, love Erdinger, gonna get me some cans later as I'll be passing a lidl.

Thanks for the heads up op!

rubadub wrote: »
    +1, but it does taste more 'generic' than some of the weissbiers out there, so it might be more acceptable to lager drinkers than some other weissbeirs. e.g. I drink erdinger but can't have more than a pint of Paulaner or Franziskaner as I find them too fruity or something.

Worth a shot for 1.50, you don't have to buy a crate...

Definitely, hated the first 2 wheatbeers I tried, got this on offer last time and didn't realise it was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have a couple of these that are going out-of-date shortly since the last time they were on offer..

.. they were nice but Franziskaner is far nicer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Quite bland IMO and still have a backlog of franziskaner from the paddies week deal. Good price though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I went into my local lidl.............fecking all sold out..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Thanks OP, picked up the last full crate in Lucan before the offer ran out. ( The wheat beer, they still had a few crates of the Pils )

Advertisement