Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Housing

Options
  • 24-04-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello!
    Im an exchange student coming to UCD in the fall. Im looking for advice on the best housing. Im slightly older, 23, and looking to live with like-aged students. Id like to be closest to the city, and pubs. I don't want to get my own flat, I'd really like to meet lots of other students. Any suggestions?? THANKS!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

If you live on-campus, the Glenomena apartments usually house the older and international students :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

jmt09005 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Im an exchange student coming to UCD in the fall. Im looking for advice on the best housing. Im slightly older, 23, and looking to live with like-aged students. Id like to be closest to the city, and pubs. I don't want to get my own flat, I'd really like to meet lots of other students. Any suggestions?? THANKS!!

are you coming here for masters or under grad?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jmt09005

Ill be there to finish up my undergrad. Ill be almost 24 and want to have a great time, but don't want to live with all freshman who may be 6 years younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dublineese

If you look at www.daft.ie you can advertise to find like minded students of a similar age, who you could team up with and rent a house or apartment near campus!! There's also a list of people looking for places already, you might find someone there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I think there are actually lots of first years in Glenomena (but I could be wrong), I'm in first year and most of my friends on campus live there, so it might not be the best choice for the OP.

I'm in Belgrove and it actually seems pretty calm 90% of the time, although there are plenty of first years here too.

What about Roebuck? (if you're even considering campus at all)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

If you live on-campus, the Glenomena apartments usually house the older and international students :)

It used to be like that up until last year and they opened Glenomena up to all year groups as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jmt09005

Thanks for all the advice! I want to meet a lot of students, and make friends, so I don't think I want to find my own flat. Just don't want to be the old lady :)

Advertisement